Sellick Partnership are currently recruiting a Senior Finance Officer to join our Public Sector client based in Birmingham.
- Provide financial and accountancy assistance
- Ensure that departmental finances and specific projects and partnerships are monitored, controlled and delivered to contract by organising and operating financial control systems across the Department
- Carry out data analysis and produce management information and statistics as required
Key responsibilities for the Senior Finance Officer:
- Monitor project expenditure against funder grant
- Operate and maintain systems and processes to monitor budgets, income and expenditure in line with funder requirements
- Review and check budget forecasts
- Prepare budget reports and information
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and work with project managers providing advice and guidance as necessary to ensure budgets are well managed
- Investigate variances and report on problem areas
- Lead on finances for project change requests to funders
- Ensure journals and recharges are processed correctly in a timely manner
- Maintain local fixed asset registers
- Lead in project audits and inception visits
- Produce and present finances at project reviews
- Responsible for production of monthly management accounts for the project portfolio
Person Specification for the Senior Finance Officer:
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Previous relevant experience of working in a finance role
- Detailed understanding of financial management procedures
Please contact Adam Rouse at Sellick Partnership for further information. The closing date for CVs is Wednesday 2nd November.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including minorities and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years’ experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.