Senior Architectural Technician required for a manufacturer of Low Carbon residential homes based in Derby.
Flexibility is offered to hybrid working, they are open to discuss all requirements and all they ask is a desire to get into the factory in Derby on occasions to be part of the team.
If you are working in a practice and want to step into the manufacturing side of house building, then this would be a great company to consider.
As a business they are well funded, strong pipeline of work and are now in the process of setting up factory no 2.
As a Senior Architectural Technician you will be responsible for developing design details for the homes that deliver the architectural ambitions of the business in a way that is Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA)
What you will be doing:
- Development of design details in a timely manner that are:
- Robust from an aesthetic, cost and installation / build-ability and maintenance perspective.
- Is coordinated with all design disciplines.
- Meet building regulations.
- Consistent with advise from the Structural Engineers.
- Easy to manufacture.
- Conducive to assembly on site.
Other duties will include:
- Develop comprehensive and coordinated Revit model.
- Supporting the R&D function in the production of design detail and the creation of test specimens and oversee the associated tests (i.e fire / acoustic)
- Support factory and site installation processes to develop prototype designs and resolve issues and designs for final production.
- Establish route cause of issues that may arise and work with the design team, and other disciplines, to develop robust solutions in a timely manner.
Experience and qualifications they are looking for
- Experience in tender and construction / manufacture information delivery within Revit.
- Understanding of Autocad
- Extensive experience in the design of buildings, preferably in the offsite sector.
- Understanding of UK regulations
What they can offer you
- Salary of up £60,000 per annum depending on experience
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Vitality Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Subsidised Canteen
- Group Pension Scheme
- Flexible Working (role dependant)
- Enhanced Paternity and Maternity Pay
They welcome applications from all backgrounds and are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can succeed and be themselves. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it makes the business what it is today. They value diversity and are particularly welcome applications from BAME communities, women and anyone with disabilities as we are underrepresented in these areas.