Brook Street (UK) Ltd are delighted to be recruiting a Storeperson for our leading Public Sector client based in Armagh.
This role will be starting immediately and is expected to last several months. Most roles across Northern Ireland, we have placed candidates into with our public sector client, have been extended beyond the original time-frame, some of our candidates have secured promotions within the organisation, and others have been successful in securing fixed-term contracts directly with our client.
As Storeperson, you will be based in the Vehicle Maintenance Department. You will source, order, and issue parts as required by the vehicle maintenance workshops, to maintain accurate records of all transactions required by the Vehicle Maintenance Service
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS MUST:
- Order vehicle parts, oils, and equipment in accordance with approved contract arrangements.
- Maintain parts stock at an optimum level to ensure maximum availability of vehicles.
- Maintain and operate a computerised stock control system for all stock items controlled by the parts department.
- Receive orders; prepare parts and other equipment for dispatch to other workshops. This will include dealing with queries in relation to vehicle parts from suppliers and workshops
- Always use safe working practices and procedures on all necessary occasions including the wearing of protective clothing and keep a tidy personal appearance.
- Co-operate in the upgrading of the Fleet Maintenance System.
- Complete driving duties to pick up and deliver parts as necessary, and as required by the needs of the service.
- Initiate, complete and cost all necessary documentation to comply with Vehicle Maintenance requirements.
- Assist in achieving vehicle availability targets in accordance with agreed manning levels
Typical qualifications and experience:
- Have completed a recognised apprenticeship or completed formal training in motor vehicle engineering or equivalent qualifications OR have 3 years demonstrable experience working in a vehicle parts store with knowledge of vehicle parts.
- Must hold a category B driving licence
YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Full training and induction
- Work with a leading Public Sector Organisation that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
- The opportunity (however not guaranteed) to apply for internal roles
- Competitive rates of pay
- Accrue holiday hours as you work
- Brook Street (UK) Ltd back-office support and mentoring
The rate of pay is £9.77 per hour, the hours of work are 0900-1700 Monday to Friday.
If you would like to apply for this role, please call Melissa at Brook Street (UK) Ltd on 028 90 881100 or email your CV via the `Apply` link.