Are you looking for your next new challenge?
Do you want to help create a ‘Centre of Excellence’ for those with SEND?
Having implemented several very exciting developments over the last twelve months, Phoenix Learning and Care continues to build upon its successes and are therefore delighted to be in a position to recruit a Deputy Head Teacher – Primary for our developing new school in Thatcham, Berkshire.
The Grange School will be created as an independent co-educational service that provides learning and supportive environment activities for up to 60 children and young people from Key Stages 2-4 with Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Mental Health difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
The school will function with discrete primary and secondary provisions, supported by a Deputy Head Teacher for each phase. Our initial development will create the primary phase of the school which will cater for approximately 30 children. We will then move to develop the secondary phase of the campus. Although the school is currently still in its development stage, we are very encouraged by the level of engagement from parents and local authorities for this much needed specialist provision.
This role is perfectly suited to an individual who is seeking the opportunity to be involved in the creation of an exceptional school environment, and to help lead a bespoke provision that is based on best practice developments. The school will offer a truly person-centred approach to inclusive education and focus upon delivering a broad and balanced curriculum that meets all areas of students’ EHCPs. Working within a flourishing independent provider with excellent employee benefits and opportunities for personal development, this position will enable you to help shape a provision that is required by so many children and young people.
As part of the developments, you will support the Head Teacher in appointing further team members and building a school community that places the needs of our children at the centre of what we do. You will share your views and opinions on the formation of the physical environment and work with future colleagues to provide a constancy transition between primary and secondary phases.
As the Deputy Head Teacher – Secondary, you will reinforce professional expectations that will secure continued success and high-quality education for our students. We are seeking an education leader who has a passion for improving outcomes and achievements, and can help inspire, challenge, motivate and empower all members of the school community to carry the Phoenix vision forward.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a management role of an educational service or school
- Hold sound knowledge of primary education and an associated curriculum
- Have experience of supporting students supported by an EHCP
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ofsted education framework and inspection process
- Be an experienced and successful classroom practitioner
- Ability to support / drive outstanding teaching and learning
- Proven ability to support and retain colleagues
- Ability to evaluate school performance and identify priorities for continuous improvement
- Effectively monitor student progress
- Promote a positive culture of vigilance in relation to safeguarding
- Value the diversity of the community it serves.
The below list of benefits are available to you from the start of your employment with us:
- Blue Light Card
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Support gaining extra qualifications through our inhouse Learning and Development department along side industry leading experts
The below benefits are available after 12 months of employment:
- Life Assurance (x2 of the basic salary)
- Critical Illness Cover ( x1 basic annual salary paid up front)
- Medicash – Money back in your packet to cover a wide range of medical, health and wellbeing expenses of up to £880)
How to apply:
The Executive Management Team would actively encourage all candidates that are interested in the position to arrange an informal discussion to gain a full understanding of this rare and exciting opportunity. To discuss this position further please contact, Darren Jackson – Operations Director for Education at: .uk
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check