Subject: Teacher of Science
Location: Greenwich based school
Contract: 1 Year contract
Start date: January 2023
Tradewind Recruitment are seeking a talented Teacher of Science to work in a thriving, lively and successful Secondary School and Sixth Form, which is committed to social inclusion. The school is in an award-winning, state of the art building in the heart of South East London, located near Greenwich.
This is a full-time position to start in January 2022, or earlier and both full and part time applications will be considered. Please state your preference when applying.
The successful candidate will be a Teacher of Science with either a Physics or Biology specialism, who may be required to teach A Level Physics or Biology, along with BTEC Level 3 Applied Science and/or GCSE Trilogy Combined Science. Applicants should be enthusiastic and inspirational teachers who are flexible and have excellent communication skills. There is a strong commitment to continuous improvement and supporting learning within the Science team. The department has established good relationships with partner institutions including the local universities, FE Colleges and feeder schools.
All STEM students are taught using sophisticated, university standard facilities and in March 2018, Ofsted Inspectors graded them ‘Good’ with several excellent features. They praised staff and students for creating a supportive learning community and inspectors were impressed with the relentless focus on improving the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
If you have a passion for Science and the desire and ability to share that successfully with young people, then apply today!
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Be a Teacher of Science with QTS status or equivalent teaching qualification.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Science curriculum.
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure, Overseas Police Clearance (if applicable) and professional reference checks.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK.