Robert Half are currently partnered with a large company based in the United Kingdom. We are looking to appoint a Data Scientist (Remote) to join the team. My client has been established for over thirty years now and working with businesses and professionals across the world.
We are looking to pay up to £53,000 on this role, and to confirm it is a remote role.
The role of the Data Scientist will be responsible for providing strategic recommendations grounded in data analysis and statistical models. A commitment to continuous improvement is critical as it will ensure the continued success of the data analytics initiatives which drive increased revenue, cost reduction, and customer retention.
- Reporting/Analysis – Develop and publish reporting and analytics as a result of tested hypotheses and provide user-friendly outputs for various departments (e.g., Sales, Marketing, and Executive leadership).
- Design reporting to provide insight into customer segments, campaign effectiveness, business initiatives, and the relationships.
- Predictive analytics – Test business hypotheses across various departments to construct predictive models.
- Work in cross functional team to identify new hypotheses. Test sensitivity/impact of current and proposed business initiatives on various customer segments.
- Data Model Management – Set up experimental designs to answer business questions and opportunities. Continuously measure model effectiveness and performance against business KPIs. Regularly conduct data validations to ensure models remain relevant.
- Business Management – Participate in various business improvement activities and deep-dive initiatives adding insight where predictive analytics are required to forecast impact/results. Develop partnership with Information Systems to gain insight into upcoming data changes or new data availability.
- Data Quality – Execute different data analytics to ensure the completeness, quality, and consistency of data used for analytics across systems. Works across departments to understand inputs and ensure reliability while providing feedback/recommendations to improve quality.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Have strong statistical, mathematical, predictive modelling, or machine learning skills.
- Two or more years of experience in working with large datasets, and relational databases (SQL)
- Must be comfortable working with senior management as the analytics and insights provided by this individual are shared throughout various levels of the organization.
- Experiencing using Tableau, SAP, TM1, and Business Objects would be an asset
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications, in particular, PowerPoint and Excel, is a requirement.
- Ability to articulate and present complex data in a user-friendly format is critical to the success of this role.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Must be subject matter expert with a passion for digging into any dataset by researching the relevant information on the subject to use the data effectively.
- Comfortable and proficient in managing projects, including the use of Business Analyst skills.
- Proficiency in Python (Pandas, NumPy) is a requirement, including strong data cleaning and manipulation skills.
- Data visualisation using Python (Matplotlib/seaborn/plotly/bokeh), Tableau, and Excel.
- Building production level machine learning models using Python (scikit-learn, TensorFlow/keras, flask)
- Cloud computing (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
If you would like to explore this role, simply apply and I shall be in touch to discuss further.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.