Salary- Up to £75,000 + other benefits available (to be discussed during the interview process)
Hybrid Working Hours- 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday with flexibility
crooton has an exciting opportunity for a Solution Architect to join a well-established client of ours based in York, UK.
As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for creating and delivering optimum solutions to meet business needs, this role sits within UK Retail team and you will be required to engage throughout the whole project life-cycle. You will actively contribute to the wider architecture team and work with the Lead Architect and Enterprise Architects to deliver our client’s architectural roadmap.
· Competitive salary
· Up to 10% of personal bonus paid annually
· Up to 10% of profit-related annual performance bonus
· Private healthcare
· Extra pension contribution of 10% by our client whilst the employee pays a 5% pension contribution
· Additional full week of paid leave over 5 years of continual service
Key Responsibilities will include:
· Taking ownership of Solution Design, shaping the solution, and communicating to all members of the p project team- this will cover technical, architectural, functional, and risk elements
· Presenting options, risks, and recommendations in a language and a way to include technical leadership
· Interacting with business domain experts to convey concept recommendations
· Engaging and operating across a broad range of technologies including relational and non-relational database systems, integration platforms, application containers, and cloud infrastructure
· Taking ownership of vendor engagement on projects, inclusive of initial engagement, vendor selections, setting up delivery engagement, and hand-over to a project manager for escalations if needed
· Interaction with a range of people, from highly technical software developers to senior Executive stakeholders
The ideal candidate will hold the followings skills and/ or experience:
· Proven experience within a Solution Architect role or similar
· Excellent English both in a written and verbal manner
· Excellent communication skills together with proven capabilities and solid knowledge of Solution Designing
· Understanding and knowledge of Architectural Processes, API design management, and service-based architectures (SOA, Microservices, ESB)
· Knowledge of cloud/hybrid (Azure preferred)
· Experience in software development (Microsoft, NET, and/or Java with SQL) and appreciation of Agile and DevOps best practices
· Multiple, diverse technologies, and processing environments
· Strong data modelling, conceptual, logical, and physical schema separation
· Knowledge and experience with Software Delivery Lifecycle would be beneficial.
There has never been a better time to join our client, if this role interests you, please apply now.