Responsible for the delivery of an effective Occupational Health Service across CBL that meets and exceeds the expectations of its customers by adopting the latest initiatives in business health practice and developing preventative policy to add value and significantly influence the performance of the business.
Responsible for advising managers of all risks and liabilities linked to health at work.
Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
Reporting to: Occupational Health (OH) Manager Positions Reporting to the Job Holder. None.
Key Dimensions Based at Kilmalid supporting the OH Service throughout all company sites where required. Working with an established OH team whilst being accountable for the quality and quantity of personal output.
- Support day to day management of OH service delivery across sites to agreed professional and company standards and delivered to plan.
- Integrate health considerations into business processes to help enhance productivity and individual capability.
- Involvement in developing and implementing OH policies, standards and procedures to nationally accepted standards which reflect best practice and communicate these to appropriate personnel.
- Provide general OH support and advice in line with business strategy to management, union representatives and employees.
- Involvement in the sickness-absence management process and advising on long-term absence issues, return to work plans and the Equality Act.
- Develop influential relationships across the company to identify, promote and deliver OH data and services which enable improved health performance and organisational effectiveness.
- Conduct and educate key personnel on workplace health risk assessments.
- Conduct health screening as appropriate.
- Assist with development of appropriate occupational health training courses.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and employees on ways of promoting a healthy working environment.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of appropriate employee medical files on OH database and ensuring confidentiality.
- Support first aid trainers/assessors in devising and delivering of first aid courses as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience Required:
- Registered General Nurse
- Degree in Occupational Health Nursing/NMC specialist practitioner status.
- 2 years plus OH experience.
- Knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation.
- Able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of clinical health issues.
- Excellent negotiating, communicating and influencing skills able to challenge and persuade others at all levels.
- Demonstrate a high level of discretion, flexibility and diplomacy.
- Knowledgeable about broader business issues and able to think strategically as to how OH can add value to the Company.
- Demonstrate the ability to build effective working relationships with the OH Team, the BSHE team, management and employees.
- Able to operate autonomously and make decisions with confidence.
- Business focused, results orientated and committed to an ethos of best practice and continuous improvement.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- IT literate.
- Demonstrate a pragmatic, insightful approach to problem solving.
- Able to identify own development needs and recommend required action.
- Current driving licence.
Job Posting End Date:
Target Hire Date:
Target End Date: