Horizon Care and Education have an opportunity for a children’s Residential Care Worker to join our fantastic team.
Bright Futures, Inspired By You.
At Horizon, we believe that each young person is unique and should be enabled to feel confident about their future, no matter what they have been through in life.
There’s nothing more rewarding than helping someone believe in themselves, have the confidence to celebrate their own uniqueness and achieve success that is personal to them.
How you’ll be rewarded:
- Competitive salary – We are committed to recognising your hard work and offer a competitive salary, excellent rates of overtime pay and bonuses.
- Flexible hours available to suit your availability and work life balance.
- Sleep in hours available.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), dependant on contract.
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription.
- Comprehensive and tailored induction programme including face to face training, online modules, shadow shifts and local induction period.
- Face-to-face therapeutic training and support for all colleagues via our SHINE programme.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all colleagues on a variety of topics.
- Free eye checks.
- Free meals on shift (residential homes only).
- Colleague referral scheme with cash rewards – earn up to £500 per referral.
- Pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme – free, confidential support via Bupa.
- Children, Young People and Families Practitioner – Dedicated learning and development programmes including fully funded Apprenticeship Level 3 for colleagues in our homes.
- Qualifications and ongoing development – We will recognise your unique talents, and our Academy programmes will help you grow and thrive in your career. Emerging Talent Academy opportunities such as the Learning to Lead and Emerging Leaders Programme, with the potential to include fully funded QCF Level 5
- Community and wellbeing – Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need to feel good about what you do. We’re in this together.
About the role:
As a Residential Care Worker, you will support young people in the many different aspects of daily life within our homes including:
- Helping young people continue with hobbies, social activities, and friendships, and learn new skills.
- Providing support with morning routines such as getting ready for school and making sure they have a good breakfast.
- Preparing evening meals and ensuring the young person has a safe space to relax and unwind within the home.
- Supporting young people to reach their potential and experience new opportunities.
If you’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and enabling them to shape their own future, then we want you to be part of our team.
Horizon Care and Education are committed to providing equal opportunities and we endeavour to provide an inclusive and safe working culture for all.