What is the Role?
As Senior Category Manager, you will be responsible for the execution of a category management approach to the procurement of a specified portfolio of spend to ensure compliance, drive efficiencies, mitigate supply risks and drive down the total cost of ownership to the organisation. You’ll be responsible for conducting internal and external analysis and engaging effectively with stakeholders to determine optimum sourcing strategies.
In your role as Senior IT Category Manager you will have responsibility for:
– Leading or project managing others to provide a range of sourcing activities in support of category plans and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
– Conduct Category Management in accordance with the overall procurement strategy, processes and procedures and ensure Category Management delivers against targets and objectives such as savings, total cost of ownership, quality improvements and efficiencies.
– Liaising with the Lead Category Manager on a regular basis to provide updates on category performance and provide additional insight through reporting and commentary as required.
– Interfacing with the Business to understand demand for and the impact of sourcing activities and foster relationships with Legal to build robust & agile contracts.
– Develop and foster relationships with Stakeholder, Technical Specialists, Suppliers, Collaborative bodies and marketplace forums.
What do I need?
To be successful, you will have a broad knowledge of markets and various aspects of a group of products and services, with an understanding of the IT market place. Previous procurement experience within a similar industry at a mid-senior level and a personal proven track record in executing complex procurement activities is essential; you should also have a good understanding and experience of Category Management and its implementation.
We would also like you to have;
– Broad knowledge of contracts with the ability to draft special terms, including dispute procedures.
– Knowledge of Procurement related systems eg Oracle, Emptoris, Achilles Utilities Vendor Database.
– In depth knowledge of IT Procurement including Cloud purchasing and purchasing in an agile environment.
– Ability to influence people outside own sphere of responsibility.
– Advanced negotiation skills.
– CIPS is preferred but not essential.
At SSE, we own more than 500 property assets and several thousand land assets, which are located across the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. Our Procurement & Commercial, Property and Facilities Management teams are responsible for helping the business to procure services and materials in a timely and cost-effective way, and for ensuring SSE offers a safe, modern, fit-for-purpose property portfolio. We work right across the SSE Group, ensuring our businesses gets the best possible service and value from our supplier network, as well as ensuring all service providers are compliant and continue to meet contractual obligations and business need.
What’s in it for you?
An excellent package with 34 days holiday entitlement, enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We actively encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments required during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for ” to find out more.