Grade B – £37,694 (National Framework) or £42,712 (London Framework – if you are London office based or homebased and live within the boundary of the M25) – There is also an additional homeworking allowance of £514 per annum for those working from home
Contracted Hours: Full time 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Secondment for 12 Months
Closing date: Sunday 25th September at 11.59pm
Based in London, Stratford Office
Are you committed to helping us regulate health and social care within England?
When thinking about what drives you every day in your job, what keeps you motivated and passionate about your work what comes to mind? For 3000+ people at the CQC we end each day knowing that we have made a difference to the lives of those most in need in our communities. We make sure health and social care services provide people with safe, effective, compassionate, high-quality care and encourage care services to improve. We are looking for people who are caring, demonstrate integrity and work well as part of a team to join with us and share in this sense of achievement. If you would like to help us make a positive impact to health and social care within England, then read on.
Why this could be a great role for you….
The chance be part of a dynamic team who thrive on providing excellent customer service to their CQC colleagues and to bring your own skills and experience to the role to ensure we continually improve.
What we can offer you…
Your health and wellbeing are important to us and are supported through generous annual leave (starting at 27 days and rising with service to 32.5days, plus 8 Bank Holidays), a cycle to work scheme, discounted gym vouchers and access to a free employee assistance service 24 hours a day. We also understand the importance of financial health and offer membership of the NHS pension scheme, contributing about 14% of basic salary. You will also be able to access discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics, fleet cars, plus we also have an internal reward scheme which could see you earn yourself a voucher or two! All of our Homeworkers are also kitted out with everything they need to comfortably work from home.
We want to support you to succeed and be your very best, with opportunities for training and development along with the support of experienced managers and mentors.
We want to make working for CQC a great experience for everyone, and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To support an inclusive environment where colleagues feel empowered to bring their whole self to work, we support a variety of staff networks, including the Race Equality Network, LGBT+ Equality Network, Carers Equality Network, Disability Equality Network and Gender Equality network.
What you will bring…
As the Service Delivery Lead you will work in conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure that effective and efficient service provision of end point “customer computing” is delivered to the business by applying expert knowledge and understanding of CQC’s devices and applications
You will be responsible for the operational relationships with our customers and external suppliers to ensure that we deliver excellent services to our customer base across CQC and work to ensure that all of the applications and end point devices (i.e. laptops, PC’s, phones) used by CQC staff are fully leveraged – enabling them to be more effective in their roles.
You will manage the on-site Tech Bar and its staff to ensure those requiring assistance are handled in the most efficient, customer centric way at all times.
You will constantly engage your excellent customer service and leadership skills to ensure CQC staff continue to receive the exceptional level of service already provided by the team whilst looking at ways to continually improve.
- Support the Service Delivery Manager by ensuring that effective and efficient service provision of “customer computing” is delivered to the business by applying expert knowledge and understanding of CQC’s devices and applications to your service stream.
- Help drive a customer centric culture of service excellence and continuous improvement so that the devices and applications you support not only meet the needs of the business, but strive to continually improve the overall customer experience.
- Responsible for ensuring the procurement, configuration and ongoing support and maintenance of customer devices (and surrounding peripherals) and the applications installed upon them in a compliant and effective manner, working with suppliers and other parts of the business as required.
- Ensure that an effective asset register of application software and devices is maintained.
- Establish and maintain a strong and effective relationships with key business stakeholders, other internal stakeholders (such Architecture, change management, test management, Programme management) and external suppliers to ensure the required levels of service provision and continuous improvement are achieved.
- Undertake appropriate impact assessment for incidents, problems and changes and manage any associated risks as they are identified.
- Act as an escalation for incident and problem management which includes all exceptions to standard process
- Work with key stakeholders to assist in any incident resolution/ service interruptions to deliver resolution, workarounds and associated customer update/ communications at an agreed frequency.
- Manage the on-site Tech Bar to ensure excellent customer service is provided at all times.
- Continually review your service stream in conjunction with the Service Delivery Manager to drive down costs and improve the customer experience across CQC.
- Support and enable the transition of changes within your service stream.
- Ensure that our colleagues from across the business are fully equipped to get the most out of the devices and applications that they have by understanding their needs and translating these into working solutions and ensuring effective training materials are provided.
- Ensure, in conjunction with colleagues across the other streams, that an effective asset register of application software and devices is maintained.
- Liaise with the Product Management team to contribute to the management of Product Backlogs and Sprint Planning associated with the service stream of work they are supporting.
- Have the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to actively promote diversity and equality of opportunity, treat everyone with dignity and respect and avoid discrimination and act in accordance with CQC Values & Behaviours
- All duties commensurate with your role and responsibilities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience of working within IT Service Management and or a Customer focused Service Support
- Proven track record of successfully leading, managing and coaching a team in supporting devices and applications, with a real focus on customer benefit.
- Able to develop practical and creative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Secures and maintains the confidence of a range of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks.
- Experience of the lifecycle management for assets including hardware, software, intellectual property, licences, warranties.
- Experience of ITIL and delivering within Prince2 and Agile frameworks. Have awareness of the Agile lifecycle
- Familiarity with Software Asset Management tools, such as SNOW, ADDM, etc.
- Familiarity with mobile device management tools
- Proven track record of delivery against KPI’s.
- Appropriate knowledge and experience of IS and ICT applications and Infrastructure.
- Flexible and proactive approach to IT service provision
- An understanding of CQC, its regulatory policy and legislative responsibilities
- Experience of working in a Dev Ops environment or Experience of how the DevOps principles and practices build on existing concepts and approaches within IT Service management
- Awareness of how the DevOps principles and practices build on existing concepts and approaches such as ITIL, Agile and Kanban
Note for external candidates:
CQC are currently working through an organisational transformation programme which includes the creation of a new target operating model. This role is offered as a fixed term contract as part of the transition process to that new model. For further information on this please visit our webite by clicking APPLY NOW.
CQC is committed to promoting a fair and inclusive workplace where all our people can flourish and reach their full potential. We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of: age, gender/ sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.