Job Title: Field Service / Installation Engineer
Location: Kent / Surrey / Sussex
Salary: Up to £29,000 depending on relevant experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Founded in London in 1922, Tecalemit is a market leader in the supply, installation and service of vehicle workshop equipment and they are currently looking for a Field Engineer to help to further build and strengthen their thriving ‘Service’ function which works with a range of commercial and non-commercial customers.
The role is mobile, principally within the Kent / Surrey / Sussex area and it involves a fluctuating workload helping to carry out installations in addition to the service and repair of a range of garage equipment.
- To carry out all service, repair and installation work to specification and to the highest standard
- Liaise with field sales staff colleagues to maximise sales opportunities within the area
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies, company procedures, and ensure that work practices comply with the GEA code of conduct
- Submit paperwork/ REA (remote engineer access) reports to head office on time
- Participation in training as required including technical product training
- Contribute ideas and suggestions to improve service performance with regard to van stock holdings and working practices
- Escalate technical queries to line manager as necessary
- Adhere to and comply with company policies and procedures
- Take responsible care for all company property including vehicle
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deal with customers and colleagues in a professional manner
- Build and maintain customer relations
- Represent the company in a positive manner at all times
- A “can-do” logical approach
- Valid driving licence
- Relevant technical background, with competence across a range of garage equipment, or transferable skills from an Electrical and/ or Mechanical Engineering experience background, ideally with recognised qualifications
- Up to £29,000 per annum plus expenses
- Fully equipped, sign written van
- Contributory pension
- Optional (contributory) employee assistance programme
- Death in service benefit (after 3 months)
- Monday – Friday (40hrs per week) on a “swings and roundabouts” basis involving flexible start and finish times
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Company recognises their duty to actively promote Equal opportunities for all employees and to eliminate discrimination (whether direct or indirect or perceived) in its various forms.
It is our intention to do what is reasonably practicable to ensure the company’s employment methods and procedures achieve this.
The main areas for recognised discrimination are: Age, Disability, Gender Re-assignment, Marriage & Civil Partnership, Pregnancy & Maternity, Race, Religion or Belief, Sex, Sexual Orientation.
THE COMPANY HAS A RESPONSIBILITY TO:
- Avoid discrimination by any of its employees against another person, or group of people
- Treat all people equally in terms of opportunities (Job offers, promotions, wages, training etc)
- Make available the necessary equipment or environment to allow equal chances in employment
- Ensure indirect discrimination does not occur
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Garage Equipment technician, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Garage Engineering Technician, Field Maintenance Engineer, Field Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician, Commercial Engineer will also be considered for this role.