Electrical Design Engineer – Sustainability
£40,000 – £45,000 + Progression + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Healthcare
Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to take the next step in their career by joining this company with great progression opportunities and working in a collaborative environment where your ideas will be heard.
This company has more than 45 years of experience in providing the highest standard of engineering design consultancy for the built environment, engineering exceptional environmental solutions for buildings. They aim to be recognized as the leading engineering consultancy – consistently delivering exceptional solutions with passion, teamwork & integrity.
The Intermediate Electrical Engineer will demonstrate sound skills in engineering design and be comfortable working on projects from inception to completion, able to undertake various aspects with minimal supervision. They will assist the senior staff to prepare conceptual designs of HV and LV electrical systems, lighting, fire alarms, etc, and be responsible for equipment selection and calculations.
The engineer will be a strong team player, keen to develop their skills. They will work closely with the senior staff to assist with the administration and coordination of projects and will undertake tasks to increase their exposure to business development, and improve their understanding of financial and contractual aspects of projects in addition to constantly developing their technical knowledge.
- Support the senior staff in the design of safe, economical and reliable electrical systems to meet the contractual scope of work and comply with the applicable standards and regulations.
- Develop the preparation of clear and concise drawings, specifications and product schedules to define electrical systems.
- Coordinate electrical design with other disciplines (e.g. architectural, structural, mechanical & public health) to minimise conflicts and avoid costly revisions.
- Check tender submissions, drawings and technical submittals to ensure quality of products and equipment are in accordance with design.
- Undertake site visits and monitor progress against the design with minimal supervision.
- Assist subcontractors to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications and resolve problems during construction.
- Demonstrate a growing understanding of BSRIA BG6 and RIBA stages, Part L, BREEAM and renewable technologies.
- Demonstrate a reasonable understanding of other MEP engineering disciplines, other than your own, sufficient to understand their impact in the overall design, and converse at a reasonable level.
- Ensure proficiency in the use of the following systems; Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Trimble (formerly Amtech) or Cymap, DIALux or similar.
- Develop ability to use AutoCAD and Revit.
- Undertake Continual Professional Development by reading technical journals, attending relevant IEE/ CIBSE technical seminars from time to time, and attending in-house seminars aimed at increasing technical and operational knowledge.
Reference Number: 160297
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click “Apply Now” or contact Maleek Randley at Rise Technical Recruitment
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates