A Assistant Accountant is required to join a local business based near Addlestone due to an internal promotion. If you are an experienced finance professional, and would like to take that next step of there career in an exciting new role, then please apply to find out more.
This is a critical role within a large finance team within a business that is continuously growing, and will suit a candidate who is capable, hard working, and has ambition to grow and progress.
In this Assistant Accountant role you will be responsible for:
- Prepare the annual budgets for a range of services in accordance with the agreed estimate programme by using information supplied by, and in consultation with, Budget Managers and from allocation working papers by analysing information as appropriate to enable robust budgets to be set that are consistent with the company’s financial strategy.
- Prepare the final accounts for services in accordance with the agreed Closing of Accounts programme by rigorously testing and examining information from the Financial Management System and from Budget Managers in order that robust and accurate service actuals are produced.
- Develop the system for the effective budgetary control of services by continuously reviewing the systems for providing budgetary control data, to ensure that, in consultation with Budget Managers, variances are identified and reported effectively, and appropriate action taken.
- Assist the Senior Accountants as directed and in accordance with agreed procedures to enable the effective control and monitoring of ledger controls and personal accounts and in completing high quality year end working papers.
- Provide proactive and responsive advice and support to Members and Managers as requested by giving verbal and written advice in order to assist them in achieving their aims whilst at the same time ensuring adherence to financial regulations, standing orders aims and objectives.
- Provide comments on the resource implications for reports and provide professional input to all other reports, attending pre-meetings, meetings and following up issues after the meeting so that the stakeholders receive high quality professional financial advice.
- Complete financial returns for government departments and other organisations by using appropriate and accurate financial data set in the correct context within the timetables specified, to ensure that the financial position and plans are fairly and accurately reported.
- Recover sums owed from third parties in accordance with written legal agreements on a periodical basis by interrogating the Financial Management System and raising invoices for the appropriate amounts to ensure all sums due to the business under these agreements are received on time.
- Support the Senior Accountants at working parties and project teams by attending meetings and providing financial evaluations, costings and advice to enable decisions to be made that assist in the achievement of the aims of these groups and teams.
- Provide a full bookkeeping service for the companies entities including the preparation of management accounts reconciling the sales and purchase ledgers, setting up payments to suppliers, banking and bank reconciliation
- Preparing and maintaining cashflow forecasts and assisting the directors with the ongoing business plans for the various companies
- Service charge accounting for the service charge company RBCS and awareness of the RICS rules
- Preparation of quarterly VAT Returns and their online filing
- Maintain and develop the accounting software, acting as the system administrator for all three companies.
- Liaison with external accountants and auditors in relation to the annual accounts, taxation and group accounting requirements.
- Maintaining records of all inter-company transactions to assist in their elimination when consolidating the accounts.
Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Develop and administer effective systems to manage the businesses overall VAT obligations by continuously reviewing procedures and monitoring these effectively and by developing accounting systems that provide the information required, to ensure that VAT obligations are being accounted for and reported to HMRC correctly
- Identify areas of potential VAT risk and advise as appropriate on the appropriate VAT management of these risks by continuously reviewing the company activities, requesting advise as appropriate from the VAT consultants, and making recommendations to the Corporate Head of Finance on the most appropriate VAT treatment, to ensure that VAT penalties are avoided and that the most appropriate VAT strategies are adopted.
- Advise managers and staff generally on VAT procedures by making such investigations as are necessary to ensure that problems are promptly and efficiently resolved, in order that VAT obligations are dealt with effectively.
- Provide all returns required by the HMRC for VAT purposes by keeping effective controls and completing the returns accurately and completely to ensure that timely and proper returns are made
The successful Assistant Accountant will be an ambitious finance professional who can demonstrate a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. You will be a confident communicator, be experienced using excel as well as a number of various accounting systems, the ideal candidate will also be AAT qualified
Our client operates in the public sector and government industry with its headquarters based near Addlestone. You will be part of a growing finance team so being a team player is essential.
Salary & Benefits
This Assistant Accountant role will pay up to £38,000 per annum plus study support, hybrid working as well as other further benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Assistant Accountant job in Addlestone, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally