Location: HMP Exeter, New North Road, Exeter, EX4 4EX
Salary: £20,000 to £23,500 per annum, inclusive of up to £1,500 in additional allowances
Contract: Full time – Permanent
If you have experience working as a Stores Operative, how about applying your skills to a prison site – where no two days will be the same, and you will get the satisfaction of knowing your work truly makes a difference?
Stability in employment has never been so important, so perhaps you are looking for a role with consistent hours, as part of a secure and dependable company?
If you want to work in a team with camaraderie, humour, and pace, where everyone works together towards a common goal, this is the place for you.
We provide critical and time-bound services to the Ministry of Justice and are looking for facilities management professionals that can make a difference to the sites and the people we are responsible for.
We’re four years young and growing in the provision of our on site solutions to the prison service and want applicants with:
– Previous experience in a stores, warehouse or delivery role where you have had responsibility for preparing and processing requisitions, receipting goods in and ensuring stock levels are maintained through inventory systems
– A methodical and thorough approach to work, and an ability to multi-task and work at pace whilst maintaining high standards of compliance
– Experience delivering customer service with a positive and can do attitude
– Forklift Truck certification and/or HGV Licence. Although, this is not necessary as we may be able to provide this
– An ability to utilise IT systems including Microsoft Office packages such as Word and Excel
– Experience working with prisoners is also desirable as well as knowledge of Health and Safety Policy/Legislation
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
We are Gov Facility Services Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, delivering safe, high quality and value driven facilities services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,300 staff. It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company – and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You’ll become part of a high performing team in an ambitious and growing organisation with excellent and safe working environments and superb benefits, including, but not limited to 25 days annual leave, employer/ employee contributed pensions, competitive salaries and job security.
Apply today and a member of the team will be in touch to agree next steps with you.
People matter to us.
Gov Facility Services is devoted to creating an inclusive workplace where our employees are valued for their skills and experiences.
As a business we are committed to keeping the prisons we work in safe and decent, we are equally committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve – the more perspectives we have, the better decisions we make, empowering people’s access to equal opportunities, no matter who they are or where they’re from, we are really passionate about this and hope you are too.
Pride in People – Do the Right thing – One Team
An ISO 9001 Certified Company
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Stores Operative job in Exeter, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally