Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek — so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us.
We are currently looking for a European Trade Director to lead a team who thrives in a multifaceted environment, enjoys helping employees reach their potential, and encourages new challenges and opportunities to grow.
The European Trade Director ensures Agilent's compliance for imports and exports to and from Europe. The position is a key management member of the Global Trade management team helping create and deliver strategic direction and thought leadership. They will be aware of national, regional, and global regulations, company policies and business objectives.
Your responsibilities in this role will be:
- Leading the European Trade organization to support our business and compliance in import and export operations.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining programs and processes to ensure Agilent-s trade compliance.
- Driving trade compliance risk strategies consistent with country requirements and developing risk mitigations.
- Managing and developing a diverse team of country managers
- Providing expertise in working with government bodies to translate trade requirements into practical, workable solutions.
- Providing clear guidance to the business and efficient communication to the government agencies.
- Carrying out key strategic programs within Europe and also globally.
- Leading the drive for continuous improvement in time, cost, proficiency, and utilization of resources.
- Representing Trade in key company projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge in international trade with a deep understanding of import and export compliance.
- 5-7 years managing a trade or related functional team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written format in English.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills in order to influence and get results.
- Ability to interpret government regulations and policies and translate into strategic impact on company goals.
- Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams spread across the globe.
- Proven ability to identify areas where process improvement is required and build knowledge in new areas.
- Knowledge of SAP GTS
- An opportunity for you to make a significant impact in a world-class company and develop your skills
- An exciting opportunity to influence and develop new processes and shape this new position and its function within the company
- A leadership role among passionate colleagues, in a growth orientated and inclusive environment. You will become part of a caring and fast paced environment, built on integrity, sharing and trust
We will make sure you get all the training and development opportunities you need to become the best in your field!
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
10% of the Time
No End Date