Student Support Assistant
Full-time temporary contract
£10.00 per hour
The purpose of this role is to provide 1st line support to customers of the University on all aspects of university life, resolving all queries in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
Main duties and responsibilities would include:
1. Responding to, understanding and using own initiative to solve 1st line student support queries in a timely manner by telephone, email, or in person and logging information in a clear and accurate manner.
2. Understanding and providing advice and guidance on all aspects of university life referring complex support queries to 2nd and 3rd line or the appropriate service e.g. Careers, Inclusive Support, Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing etc.
3. Providing a consistently high level of customer service to staff and students, including acting in a courteous manner, tidying and maintaining promotional material in the Student Centre and referring opportunities for improvement to line manager.
4. Providing administrative support including but not limited to updating website information, developing user guides and promotional information, producing council tax exemption certificates, confirmation of study letters and other documentation required by students to support their time at UCLan.
5. Supporting key activities which ensure the team meet business need and are flexible enough to adapt as the business changes. This will include but is not limited to support for all aspects of open/applicant days, Welcome and various other Student Support events throughout the year.
Skills you need:
– customer service skills
– organisational skills
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Student Support Assistant job in Preston, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally