Do you want to enable children and young people who have been taken into care to have the best possible start in life? Would you like to get paid to play football, do arts and crafts, play computer games and go to theme parks?!!!
Are you enthusiastic, resilient, confident, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of young people? Are you someone that wants to make a difference to the lives of young people; to enable them to develop socially, emotionally and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for?
Vetro Social Care has an amazing opportunity for a Childrens Residential Support Worker to join a friendly, Childrens Residential Service in Bromley, South London, supporting 2 boys and 2 girls in a house between the ages of 8 -18 with Emotional & Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) and challenging behaviours.
- Title: Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Salary: Between- £24,000 – £25,000 (sleep allowance included)
- Location: Wisbech, Cambridgeshire,
- Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, plus 8 sleeps a month (2 weekends off a month) Contract: Permanent
- Shift pattern: 9am-11pm, Sleep, wake 7am – 11.30 finish (2×16)
- If you go over your hours one week, you can do less the next week
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games, play football and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
- Comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training, Continuous Professional Development planning, and plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and support you in your career development.
- £1000 pay rise when qualifying in QCF
What you will be doing as a Childrens Residential Support Worker
Supporting young people in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, you can enable them to develop socially, emotionally, and behaviourally in a setting where they feel safe and cared for. The role is challenging but incredibly rewarding! You will be committed, passionate, and able to engage, encourage, and mentor the young people, whilst having a whole lot of fun!
You will receive an in-depth induction and training programme upon joining this Childrens Residential Service, and your duties will include:
- Encouraging young people to participate in activities and take responsibility for their own lives depending on their age.
- You will provide support for the children and young people in the home to promote their independence and well-being whilst providing a therapeutic care environment.
- Ensuring the safety of the young people and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the individual’s care plan, guidelines, reward system, and preferred method of communication.
- Supporting taxing behaviour safely and sympathetically, dealing with challenging behaviours when needed, and maintaining a safe environment for young people.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with the staff, parents, Social Workers, and other professionals that may be involved in the young people’s lives such as Psychologists.
- Protecting children and young people from risks to their health and welfare.
- Keeping the homely, friendly culture and environment of the home.
The successful candidate:
What you will need to be a successful Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Experience as a Childrens Support Worker, work with Young People, or other social care experience – DESIRABLE
- You must be a car driver as you will be required to transport young people from time to time – ESSENTIAL
- You must be over the age of 21 – ESSENTIAL
- NVQ or QCF level 3 in Children & Young People – DESIRABLE
- Experience of working in another area of health & social care such as Mental Health Support Work – DESIRABLE
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference in the lives of young people?
If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you’re right for this Childrens Residential Support Worker role, then click the ‘apply’ button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.