Location: UK, London DC1 & London Westfield
Reporting into: Health, Safety and Environment Manager UK
Here is a breakdown of what you’ll be doing:
* Assist the HSE Manager UK in maintain the health, safety and environment management system
* Assist the HSE Manager UK to maintain ISO 45001 Certification
* Assist the HSE Manager UK to develop, prepare and plan for ISO 14001 Certification
* Ensure communication on legislation updates including Covid-19 guidelines
* Communicate and build relationships with Union H&S Representatives
* Ensure all risk assessments and SSOW (Safe Systems of Work) are completed and reviewed
* Review Risk assessments and SSOW in a timely fashion before they are signed by the department manager,
* Work closely with the department managers and the Health, Safety and distribution Training Administrator to make sure HSE training is taking place across the site
* Ensure compliance with HSE legislation and audit requirements.
* Ensure all HSE training is up to date (First aid, Fire Marshals)
* Conduct departmental HSE internal audits against ISO 45001 standard
* Conduct accident investigations: producing a summary of the findings and recommend actions.
* Conduct reviews of COSHH risk assessment and SSOW annually or after any chemical incident
* Review and Monitor the fire safety systems and ensure fire risk assessment actions are completed
* Carry out new starter induction when required
* Champion First aid with the first aiders throughout the business
* Attend and conduct HSE meetings when required
* Generalist support for the Operations management team
* Any other ad hoc duties which may be reasonably required within the role. The type of person we are looking for:
* Previous experience within Health, Safety & Environment essential
* Previous experience in the Distribution industry preferable
* Self-motivated and able keep up to date with any legislative HSE changes or regulations update.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills
* Strong networking skills
* Diploma or equivalent in Occupational HSE
* Member of IOSH, Graduate level or above preferable
* Member of CIEEM preferable
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Health and Safety Coordinator job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally