We are hosting a hiring event on-property on Saturday, October 1st from 12-3pm. Become a Professional Table Games Dealer in 4-6 weeks!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to performing the functions of a Dealer on an assigned shift. Responsible for dealing an assigned game in accordance with established policy and procedures. Conducts the assigned game with respect to local compliance, regulations and procedures. Responsible for customer satisfaction and enjoyment on a particular assigned table game.
(These functions are intended as a general illustration of the work performed in this job classification and are not all inclusive for this position)
- Upon completion of Dealer School, and successfully passing an audition, candidate would be hired as a Table Games Dealer
- No prior experience required
- Flexible Class schedules
- Learn how to deal multiple games, including One of the below:
- Incredible growth potential and transfer opportunities to any of the Seminole Gaming or Hard Rock International properties
- Performing the functions of a Dealer on an assigned shift
- Responsible for dealing an assigned game in accordance with established policy and procedures
- Conducts the assigned game with respect to local compliance, regulations and procedures.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and enjoyment on a particular assigned table game.
- Provides superior customer service, positively effects interactions with customers and employees, and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers in all types of business conditions and the ability to work harmoniously with coworkers.
- Provides prompt, accurate, and courteous service to players, utilizing the highest degree of technical skill in dealing while adhering to established standard policies and procedures.
- As called upon, explains aspects of various games to gaming patrons.
- Processes all cash and maintains proper handling and accounting for assigned property items.
- Maintains familiarity with other gaming and entertainment/service activities for the guests, in order to provide information and correct answers to questions.
- Maintains an intimate and sound understanding of all standards, policies, and procedures, including general policies and procedures of the Table Games Department.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays and overtime if needed.
- Must have the ability to withstand noisy and smoke filled environments.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a local gaming license.
- Must be able to stand in a stationary position 80% of assigned shift (80 minutes on / 20 minutes off) including the ability to bend/turn torso 90 degrees and have continuous movement of arms, shoulders and wrists.
- Must be able to stand 90% of shift, walk 10% of shift.
- Must offer the highest possible level of customer service resulting in a maximum level of player enjoyment and return play.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pound.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.