Electrical Testing Engineer
South London/ South East England
£40,000 + Bonus + Van/ Tools + iPad/ Phone + Holiday + Pension + Company Fuel Card + Training and Progression.
Are you an Electrician with the necessary testing and inspection qualifications?
This company are a well-established electrical contractor, with 50+ years of experience. They specialise in delivering Electrical Testing, Repair, and Maintenance to domestic and commercial properties across London and the South of England. Due to recent growth, they are looking for experienced engineers to join our expanding team.
As part of this role, you will be required to carry out electrical testing and inspection, remedial and installation work to the highest possible standard. You will be expected to work alongside a close-knit team of engineers, sub-contractors, builders, surveyors, supervisors, office staff, and managers. The successful candidate will also work closely with apprentices to assist with their development in becoming future electrical engineers.
This is a great opportunity for an Electrical Tester to join a fast-growing electrical powerhouse with tons of room for progression.
- Consistently demonstrate high levels of customer service and professionalism whilst undertaking electrical testing and inspection
- Ensuring all areas are adequately protected prior to commencement of works
- Testing and inspection of electrical services and associated work to a high standard, issuing the appropriate safety certificate and/ or requesting follow-on works
- Carrying out remedial works arising from electrical tests
- Maintain and manage van stock materials used on each job keeping an accurate record
- Complete all necessary paperwork and update all electronic forms to keep job information up to date and ready for invoicing
- Ensure all installations are completed in accordance with all regulations and requirements
- Liaise with Surveyors and other trades when completing works
- Update all the necessary data to team
- Ensure all Health & Safety requirements are carried out while working onsite
- Full range of electrical qualifications including: o City & Guilds 2367 or 2357 in Electrical Installation
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds 2391 in Electrical Inspection and Testing or equivalent
- Certification in BS7671 – requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- Two years of experience working as a test and inspection electrician
- Full UK manual driving licence
- Competence in using IT systems – such as a handheld tablet/ communicator
- Experience in high standard of customer service
- Safety focussed approach to customers and work colleagues
- Flexible, can do attitude key responsibilities
Reference Number: 158799
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click “Apply Now” or contact Maleek Randley at Rise Technical Recruitment
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates