Residential Conveyancing Secretary – Reading – £28k (doe) – Permanent
An excellent opportunity has arisen within this legal and professional services group. Our client has over 5,700 active clients, ranging from FTSE 100 companies to private individuals, in the UK and beyond. You’ll be based within the housebuilding team specialises in residential development – and nothing else.
Our client is looking for a proactive Legal Secretary who can provide support to fee earners and partners across our Residential Development team. You will be pivotal in the day-to-day running of the department, ensuring a smooth process and successful outcomes.
The role will be based at the Reading office. The role is predominately office based but can be flexible.
Key Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be confident liaising with stakeholders, colleagues and clients, proactively organising and managing diaries and taking the lead on tasks to ensure an exceptional and seamless secretarial support service.
In particular we look for the following attributes:
* Previous legal secretarial experience working within either a residential or commercial property team is essential.
* Ability to type, draft and produce documents efficiently, and with ease is essential.
* Previous experience of high-volume document production.
* Complete SDLT forms
* Land Registry forms
* Operate Searchflow
* Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Word is highly essential.
* First class communication skills both written and verbal.
* Excellent levels of accuracy.
* Initiative to learn and ability to self-motivate.
* Experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines with the ability to remain calm.
* Capability to prioritise and multitask effectively, with good time management and organisational skills.
* Always demonstrate discretion and the ability to always maintain absolute confidentiality.
* IT skills – Microsoft word, typing, case management use, formatting and editing documents.
* Diversity, Inclusion and Well Being
What you’ll receive
* The opportunity to work within a forward thinking, well established, award winning legal firm who pride themselves on their diversity, inclusion and wellbeing policies.
* Competitive Salary
* Flexible working – Great work/life balance
* Excellent benefits package
Are you a confident legal secretary looking for a new challenge then please apply below.