Purpose of Job
Robert (Bob) is an elderly gentleman, who enjoys maintaining regular contact with his family. Bob has Parkinson’s Dementia and spinal injury which have a significant impact upon his life.
Bob is support by, Liz, who is his main carer and support. Bob can communicate verbally at times.
Your role will be to assist and support Bob with maintaining his personal hygiene and care. Alongside supporting him with activities of daily living such as preparing with meals and drinks when required.
You will also support Bob with his daily routine, this will be including dressing, turning, and hoisting along with support from Liz and/or a second PA.
The purpose of this role is to support Bob to remain as independent as possible while respecting his dignity. You will help always reassure him through prompting clear instructions and explanations.
Additionally, helping Liz to maintain a habitable home environment for Bob and replenish all personal hygiene items as and when required.
We consider patience, having a positive outlook and enthusiasm to be essential attributes for this job. Hours will be discussed at interview.
The main duties of the job are outlined below. However, because Bob’s needs vary on a day-to-day basis, it is extremely important that your approach to work is flexible. You will be expected to carry out any other reasonable personal assistance tasks that he and Liz requests.
As Bob’s Personal Assistant you should:
- Have some experience of working with individuals with Parkinson’s Dementia, and spinal injury.
- Have some experience of personal care.
- Have some experience of hoisting and turning. Training can be provided.
- Be fit and healthy.
- Have a positive attitude to disability.
- Have a positive attitude towards social inclusion.
- Be willing to work as directed.
- Support Bob always during a shift.
- Have good communication skills.
- You must not smoke when working.
- Not drink alcohol when working.
- Be confidential in your work and understand the importance of this.
- Respect Bob’s privacy and that of his family and friends.
- Be patient when doing repeated tasks.
- Have good general health.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Be a good timekeeper.
- Be able to work in different settings.
- Be able to accept responsibility and work on your own initiative.
- Be flexible.
- Be clean and tidy to Bob’s and Liz’s specification
- Be able to respond appropriately in an emergency.
- Have at least basic reading, writing and number skills.
This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and references which will be taken up if you are offered the post.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Personal Care Assistant job in Saltburn-by-the-Sea, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally