Robert Half are working with a well established pharmaceutical brand in Surrey to hire a Finance Business Partner.
My client has developed two distinct, sides to its business, retail, and distribution which consists of several legal entities, predominantly UK based, with one newly established business in the USA. The group was founded 40+ years ago and the business remains a family-owned entity.
As Finance Business Partner, you’ll support the retail business, working closely with the regional management teams as well as the senior leadership group.
- Finance liaison on performance for the Retail Division adding value through extensive knowledge of the various sites (Operational & financial performance)
- Being a Business Partner with the Retail Management Teams to drive and challenge the various sites, P&L and KPIs whilst providing timely and accurate reporting. Focusing on the links between financial and operational performance.
- Analyse individual and group performance against budget and prior year, providing key insight to the operational teams and assisting them in their decision making. Areas include: Retail sales, gross margin, site wages, other site costs.
- Finance and analytical contact for Retail Division Projects – providing insight and support where required
- Assist in the month end process by providing analysis and commentary for the performance of KPIs in the draft accounts
- Budgeting and forecasting for the Retail Business. Providing key support for the Retail Teams in developing a strong budgeting process.
- Key finance and analytical support for future business investment in the Retail Division. This focuses on pre-investment analysis to assist decision making alongside potential payback periods.
- Developing and maintain reporting around the payback periods of business projects and working alongside Retail Teams to ensure these are met.
- Cost control initiatives to understand the costs in the group’s portfolio and suggesting corrective action to improve future spending.
- Guidance, oversight and review of reports and tasks performed by the outsourced Finance Team in India.
- To identify and implement improvement initiatives across the FP&A function aimed at strengthening the planning processes, improving forecast accuracy and enhancing the quality of reporting provided to the rest of the organisation
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume, transaction orientated environment
- Excellent IT skills and mastery of MS Office.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel knowledge (V Lookups, pivot tables, formulas)
- Confident, quick learner
- Hands-on experience with accounting systems
- Significant experience working under pressure meeting strict deadlines
- Team player with flexible attitude
- Hands on approach, analytical and detail oriented
- Positive can-do attitude, enjoys problem-solving and bringing tasks to a conclusion
- Good communication skills as a high level of collaboration required for this role
What Will Put You Ahead:
- Accounting Qualification
- Experience working in the Retail/FMCG/ Multi-site/ Wholesale/ Manufacturing sector advantageous
- Experience with Sun Accounting / Q&A advantageous
- Builds positive relationships through trust, collaboration, and direct communication
- Manage key relationships, including internal partners and external Clients
- Communication – The ability to effectively exchange information with stakeholders
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. Rates of pay and salary ranges are dependent upon your experience, qualifications and training. If you wish to apply, please read our Privacy Notice describing how we may process, disclose and store your personal data: roberthalf.co.uk/legal-information/privacy-notice.