The marketing and communications function have three parts, two strategic marketing teams and a centre of expertise. This role sits within one of the strategic functions reporting to the head of retail marketing. The centre of expertise has digital, content, events, design and comms capability.
We’re looking for a superstar senior marketing executive who loves creating content, planning campaigns, and developing strong stakeholder relationships to execute them to an excellent standard. This role is responsible for delivering the marketing strategy and sales content for our enterprise investment schemes (EIS) targeting financial advisers. It reports to our talented head of retail marketing, who oversees the annual strategy and will support the strategic planning for EIS. This role has a huge opportunity for growth, with the potential to get involved in strategy setting and content automation in the future.
CAMPAIGN AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Lead the planning and execution of marketing campaigns/projects.
- Develop clear and compelling messaging that’s consistent across all channels.
- Produce exciting campaign content to deliver key messages.
- Create a media strategy aligned to the plan.
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report at every stage.
- Work across internal teams to coordinate and deliver campaigns, on time and on budget.
- Manage sales materials for example presentations, application forms, and brochures.
- Continually evolve and optimize our content using data and insight, as well as feedback from the sales team.
- Own the management of our content on our sales enablement platform (Seismic) and across the website.
- Stock control of marketing materials (weekly management of stock levels and reordering when appropriate).
PRODUCT, CUSTOMER, AND INTERNAL KNOWLEDGE
- Gain brilliant product, customer, and market knowledge.
- Become an expert in financial promotions and ensure all our activity is financially compliant.
- Be a gatekeeper of quality – make best-in-market content whilst demonstrating attention to detail. We’re known in the industry for our high-quality marketing and want to keep this reputation.
- Be the main source of knowledge for the wider marketing team on all things EIS, ensuring insight, learnings, and market context is cascaded amongst the team to enable us to make smarter marketing decisions.
- Write clear and commercially sound briefs on new projects and secure sign-off from stakeholders, communicate impact, resource requirements, and timings with the wider marketing team to ensure smooth delivery.
- Good generalist marketer (some experience in financial services, insurance, professional services, or a regulated environment would be advantageous).
- Excellent writer and storyteller, with experience creating content.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience running campaigns and optimizing using data and insights.
- Ability to collaborate and lead laterally to deliver through others.
- You ideally have experience getting the most of marketing tech and have worked with Google Analytics (or similar), CRM, and a marketing automation platform.
- And to really stand out from the crowd, you will display the following qualities and characteristics:
- Ambitious and curious.
- Have experience engaging and influencing stakeholders.
- Can juggle many plates at once.
At Octopus we don’t just focus on what we do but also how we do it. Everyone shares our values of being straightforward, helpful and bold.
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive employee experience for all. We promote equal opportunities for growth and development regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, or socio-economic background. We believe strongly that teams are at their best when every member of the team feels safe to bring their whole self to work.
What we offer
A competitive salary, bonus, pension and share incentive plan
✈️ Take what you need holiday
⚓ Anchor (our wellness hub) which includes Headspace, one to one coaching through Sanctus, Parent Cloud, Digital GP, Shout & more
Enhanced family leave policies
❤️ Life insurance, critical illness cover and income protection
Private medical insurance for you and your family
Electric vehicle leasing
The option to work overseas up to a month per year