Job Title: Business Analyst.
Contract Type: UK-Fixed Term Contract
Salary Range: up to £61,000 depending on experience
Location: Eastleigh or Bournemouth – hybrid working
Work Level: 3
Business Analyst: Ageas currently have an exciting opportunity for Business Analysts to join either our Eastleigh or Bournemouth office on a Fixed Term Contract. As a Business Analyst you will play a key part in defining and supporting strategic, business and IT changes across the entire business. Working in partnership with all areas of the business you will complete full and formal assessments of processes, change and business problems, to determine the impact and the business benefits.
Due to the varied relationships with areas of the business, our Business Analysts need to have a flexible, resilient and adaptable working approach. Working on the full project life-cycle you will be involved in significant business initiatives ranging from short term (3-6 months) to long term (12-18 months), creating clear and accurate impact assessments, process models, and business requirements to use as a foundation to any change.
Main Responsibilities as Business Analyst:
- Liaising with all areas of the business in order to understand and translate their ‘needs’ into a format and language that enables those delivering change to create and build appropriate solutions.
- Complete full and formal assessments of change and business problems, to determine the impact, benefits and business requirements.
- Mapping and performing analysis across end to end business processes and supporting the development and upkeep of our process repository.
- Provide support throughout projects to ensure the seamless delivery of change, including problem solving and offering recommendations when required.
- Take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and take ownership of your development plan and opportunities to learn.
To be successful in being considered for the Business Analyst role you will need the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst working in Financial Services
- Have great relationship management or business partnering experience. You’ll be skilful in communicating change messages, and in using your technical expertise to bring about the best outcome for the business.
- Have great organisational skills and experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously without compromising on quality.
- End to end experience of the project lifecycle.
- Experience in a wide range of requirement elicitation and documentation techniques, using a range of methodologies.
- Expertise in mapping/modelling ‘as is’ and ‘to be’ processes. Experience in the BPMN 2.0 standard desirable.
- Be smart when it comes to numeracy, particularly when analysing financials, underwriting and reporting data.
- Be personally resilient, with the ability to challenge positively, be decisive and take ownership of your decisions providing rationale to support.
- Resilience, can do attitude and tenacity are core attributes, also together with the ability to handle ambiguity.
- Strong report writing and documentation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Either completed or working towards the BCS Diploma in Business Analysis would be desirable.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy within the Business Analyst role based in Eastleigh:
- A competitive pension for which Ageas will pay twice the amount.
- Generous amount of holidays with the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Annual Salary review.
- Discretionary annual bonus based on personal and company performance.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary with the option to flex up.
- Return to work programme scheme.
- Flexible benefits package (private medical insurance, health and dental plans, free life assurance policy, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme as well as discounts with a wide range of retailers through our partner Perkz.com).
- Support groups- well-being activities, yoga, mindfulness sessions, Sports and Social Club events and more.
We’re one of the largest car and home insurers in the UK. Our people help Ageas to be a thriving, creative and innovative place to work, which is echoed in the service we provide to over four million customers.
As an inclusive employer, we encourage anyone to apply. We’re a signatory of the Race at Work Charter and Women in Finance Charter, a Stonewall diversity champion and a Disability Confident Employer (which means interviews are guaranteed for applicants with a disability who meet the minimum role criteria).
Our aim is to have great people everywhere in our business and we’re always looking for outstanding people to join us. Most roles across Ageas allow a proportion of your time to be spent working from home and we’re open to discussing flexible working, including full-time, part-time or job share arrangements.
To find out more about Ageas, see About Us.
Want to be part of a Winning Team? Come and join Ageas.
Click on the ‘Apply button’ to be considered for our Business Analyst opportunity at Ageas in Eastleigh.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Business Analyst job in Southampton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally