Location: HM Prison Highdown, Highdown Lane, SM2 5PJ
Salary: £36,000 to £39,000 per annum, plus upto an addtional £5,000 in allowances + Potential 5% Shift Allowance
Contract: Full time, permanent
Are you an experienced, motivated and customer-orientated trades professional with a background in electrical maintenance and supervisory roles looking for a new opportunity in a fast paced, multi-disciplined environment?
We provide critical and time-bound services to the Ministry of Justice and are looking for facilities management professionals that can make a difference to the sites and the people we are responsible for.
We’re four years young and growing in the provision of on site services to the prison service and want applicants with:
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an Electrician, ideally within an FM environment and/ or secure environment, military, health or similar sectors
- Qualifications equivalent to C&G 2367 or 2357 (Electrical Installation) and NVQ level 3 in Electrical Installations
- Experience working on commercial or industrial electrical or building service systems
- A certificate in BS7671 – The Requirements for Electrical Installations, 17th or 18th Edition
- Good Health & Safety knowledge
- Excellent organisational, time management and people skills, with an ability and confidence to coordinate and direct third party contractors and employees
- A rounded knowledge of risk and compliance and demonstrable planning & project management skills
- Previous experience leading teams of Electricians and General Maintenance staff, taking operational responsibility for the Electrical service delivery on the site
If this sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
We are Gov Facility Services Ltd, a non-profit company owned entirely by the Ministry of Justice, delivering safe, high quality and value driven facilities services to 50 prisons over the South and East of the UK with over 1,400 staff. It’s a great time to get involved and help shape the future of the company – and forge a great career at the same time.
Why join us?
You’ll become part of a high performing team in an ambitious and growing organisation with excellent and safe working environments and superb benefits, including, but not limited to 25 days annual leave, employer/ employee contributed pensions, competitive salaries and job security.
Apply today and a member of the team will be in touch to agree next steps with you.
People matter to us.
Therefore, everyone at Gov Facility Services can access impressive health and well being support services.
We take the safety of our people very seriously, that’s why a core value is ‘Everyone goes home safe’.
You will need to meet our stringent vetting requirements and satisfy pre-employment checks.
Gov Facility Services is devoted to creating an inclusive workplace where our employees are valued for their skills and experiences.
As a business we are committed to keeping the prisons we work in safe and decent , we are equally committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve – the more perspectives we have, the better decisions we make, empowering people’s access to equal opportunities, no matter who they are or where they’re from, we are really passionate about this and hope you are too.
Pride in People – Do the Right thing – One Team
An ISO 9001 Certified Company
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Supervisor – Electrical job in Sutton, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally