Pertemps Recruitment on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Partner to start at the end of September/beginning of October. We have a new Corporate Director starting on 18th August, so this is a great opportunity to take on a role and work with an inspiring, very people-focussed CD to take the service through its next stage of transformation following the positive Ofsted rating earlier this year. It’s also an opportunity to work in our friendly and supportive BP team!
We are looking for someone to join the team in their Aylesbury office (HP20 area). Working alongside the team you will work in partnership with services to enable them to proactively and effectively manage their workforce and to identify appropriate people strategies which supports the Directorate’s vision, strategic objectives and plans. To take a commissioning-based role linking directly in with the internal HR & OD functions ensuring the HR & OD service deliver on the service’s priorities, and as a member of HR&OD’s extended leadership team provide insight into the Council’s pressures and priorities and support SLT in its leadership of the service.
About the role
As a HR Business Partner you will have a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Identify and research opportunities for innovation and development of people strategies suited to the service’s needs.
- Develop and achieve buy in for people strategies which underpin the Directorate’s long term objectives and strategies and is based on an analysis of its workforce data, service and business needs. Ensure HR plans integrate with the wider Council policies and strategies.
- Lead on the implementation of Directorate people strategies.
- To lead and commission support to deliver transformational change projects creating project teams consisting of key stakeholders from within and outside HR&OD. To hand over work to HR services as appropriate but maintain an overview of change projects throughout.
- Build strong relationships with HR teams to shape, problem solve and commission support from across all the HR & OD functions.
- Analyse and draw data from workforce reports to identify key areas of focus and concern and present to SLT, Budget Boards, Directorate Boards etc. and using insight to develop long-term plans and strategies.
- Building and maintaining professional external partnerships appropriate to the role.
- Managing performance, ensuring accountabilities and projects are delivered to time and budget.
- Effectively engaging with the recognised trade unions and Employee Reps to develop and maintain an effective working relationship, informing and consulting where appropriate.
- Being the lead for planning and high-level communications relating key HR & OD changes.
- Assessing risk and immediately deal with situations where business risk has been identified.
- Support the service on any work specific to the Directorate.
This is a temporary position for 12 months, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £31.45 per hour, and you will be working full time, 37 per week (part time working will be considered for the right candidate). Buckinghamshire Council are currently working on a hybrid basis where you will work in the office 2+ days per week and remotely for the rest of the week.
The Aylesbury office is conveniently situated in the town centre (HP20 area) with great transport links including a local train station and excellent road connections to the M25, M1, M4 and M40
We’re looking for someone with BP experience with either a public or private sector background. Resilience is key and also someone who has experience of partnering on change and transformation
The work of the team is varied and fast-paced so we are looking for an experienced and highly organised individual who can manage competing priorities and work independently and as part of a team. You will need to be empathetic with our service users and able to use your initiative when dealing with queries
You will be motivated to make a positive difference for our members and want to deliver total satisfaction
Comprehensive knowledge of relevant processes, systems, policies and procedures will be essential, as will good knowledge of other areas of the authority relevant to the service
Bringing excellent ICT skills, you will have experience of standard packages, including MS Office, Excel, and may include use of bespoke databases etc
Due to the frequent liaison activities, excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
You will need to be highly accurate with attention to detail. You must be able to prioritise and work to deadlines
You take responsibility for your work and are trusted to perform your job to the best of your ability
About us & our Client
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual’s talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are – Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this HR Business Partner job in Aylesbury, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally