Are you looking to broaden your rehabilitation experience, working alongside the military in a temporary capacity?
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and professional Exercise Rehabilitation Instructor to work at military locations throughout the UK for ad-hoc assignment opportunities, which once registered with the Staff Bank, will be available to you through the easy-to-use Patchwork Health app.
We are launching a first-of-its-kind Staff Bank to support the permanent military and civilian workforce predominantly in the provision of primary, but also secondary, health care and dental and mental health services. Previous experience of working with the military population would be desirable but not necessary to apply to the Staff Bank.
As an Exercise Rehabilitation Instructor supporting the Staff Bank, your role will be:
- To perform clinical assessments, design and implement safe, progressive individual exercise treatment schedules, with a daily recording of prescribed treatment plans and auditing of selected areas, in accordance with the ERI Standards of Proficiency to Practice.
- To conduct safe and effective group-based exercise therapy sessions (up to a max of 15 patients) to restore optimal function to injured or ill service personnel. Typical sessions include the development of strength, Range of Movement (ROM) enhancement, posture, neuro-muscular control, walking/running re-education, aerobic training, recreational therapy, manual handling, and hydrotherapy (including pool-based rehab/fitness sessions).
- To lead a group of patients within a defined clinical area, setting appropriate rehabilitation treatment goals and assessing and treating all forms of musculoskeletal (MSK) injuries.
- To work as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary team providing a comprehensive and professional rehab service.
- To adhere to all aspects of clinical governance.
- To deal with the emotional and behavioral aspects of illness/injury, outbursts, and challenging behavior.
- To communicate complex information clearly through presentations and in writing.
- To communicate highly complex, sensitive, and contentious information to patients, demonstrating negotiation, mediation, empathy, and reassurance.
- To develop good working relationships and work collaboratively with managers and members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Essential Requirements, Qualifications, and Experience
- Must meet one of the following:
- Hold a BSc (Hons) in Sports Rehabilitation and have professional membership of the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers (BaSRaT).
- Be a qualified military ERI having successfully completed the Joint Services School of Remedial Instructors (JSSERI) course.
- Hold a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy and be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HSPC).
- Must have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience managing group/class-based exercise therapy for musculoskeletal (MSK) sports injuries, including evidence of treating MSK injuries gained within the last three years.
- Must be in date and able to provide certification for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Safeguarding Adults up to and including Level 3 training.
By joining the Staff Bank, you will benefit from:
- Priority access to temporary assignments
- Continuity of access to temporary assignments
- Access to a dedicated Bank Team
- Free CPD Training
- Free Health & Wellbeing Services
- Free Occupational Health Screening
- Free Appraisals
- Free Revalidation
- Free Mandatory Training
Interested in applying? Submit your CV to email@example.com or call 01134571243
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, or disability.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Exercise Rehabilitation Instructor (ERI) Band 5 job in Darlington, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally