Who are we? We are a Dietetic Department at University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire based just under 10 minutes from the M69/M6 interchange. We are diverse in both skill and experience but also in personnel. Our specialities include gastroenterology, critical care, surgery, stroke, major trauma, oncology, renal, diabetes, specialist weight management, paediatrics and community nutrition support. Our Trust is nationally recognised and strives to be a leader in national and international healthcare.
Who are you? A newly qualified Dietitian who is passionate about providing up-to-date, evidence-based nutritional care to a variety of patients with differing needs. You will be familiar with effective techniques to translate science into practical, tailored advice. Your experience to date through clinical placements will be varied and ideally include some acute experience, however we can support a willingness to learn also.
Closing Date: Please be advised that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested.
Main duties of the job
1. Provide a professional dietetic service for a range of general medical and surgical in- patients and out patients at UHCW.
2. Assesses and treats own workload of patients / clients and maintains associated records, with support as necessary from Senior colleagues.
3. Liases with dietetic colleagues and other members of hospital staff as necessary e.g. medical, nursing, catering and other health professionals.
Working for our organisation
University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust, rated as good by the Care Quality Commission, is one of the largest teaching Trusts in the UK.
We are extremely proud of our employees across our hospital sites, with high quality patient care at the heart of everything we do.
Boasting some of the most modern facilities in Western Europe, the Trust is renowned for being at the forefront of research and innovation as part of its blossoming reputation as a worldwide leader in healthcare.
By joining our exciting journey, you will form part of a passionate, talented team and will be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. There has never been a better time to join our team.
The Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of the talents, skills, experience, and different perspectives available in our diverse society. We want everyone to feel they are respected, valued, can achieve their potential and receive the most appropriate and relevant care. We will create an environment where the equality and human rights principles of fairness, respect, equality, dignity and autonomy are promoted and are part of the organisation’s core values.
At UHCW NHS Trust we actively encourage and support all staff to be COVID19 vaccinated as this remains the best line of defence to protect patients, colleagues, friends and family members.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
1. To keep up to date with developments in dietetics participating in appropriate training and development activities
2. To actively participate and contribute to departmental clinical supervision group to ensure regular evaluation of practice through peer review.
3. To participate in the preparation and update of dietary information and resources.
4. To support and participate in dietetic staff meetings, sharing knowledge, evaluating and improving service delivery.
5. To participate in the departments Clinical Governance programme including evidence based practice workshops, clinical audit and reporting of clinical risks.
6. To document patient activity data in accordance with trust and professional standards.
7. To comment on nutrition & dietetic guidelines and procedures and proposes changes to working practice
8. To participate in personal reviews and work to achieve agreed set objectives.
9. To work as an autonomous practitioner working within the BDA Code of professional conduct and HCPC Standards of conduct, performance and Ethics and Standards of Proficiency (Dietitians).
10. Contributes to the development and maintenance of the profile of the Dietetic profession.
11. To ensure that all Trust wide and departmental standards and guidelines are maintained and monitored to improve the quality of total care, to all who come into contact with services provided by University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust.
For further details of the job role please see attached job description
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Dietitian job in Coventry, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally