Senior Software Engineer x2 (Financial Services)
Lloyds Banking Group
Edinburgh based (1-2 days per week in the office and rest from home, please only apply if able to work in the Edinburgh location)
Salary & Benefits : £, – £, per annum (depending on experience), plus annual personal bonus, % employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, days holiday plus bank holidays.
We also offer flexible working hours, agile working practices and regular home working. We aim to ensure you have a good work-life balance and positive mental health.
Who are Lloyds Banking Group?
Lloyds Bank are on a mission to help Britain Prosper, and we need your help in achieving our goals. We are revolutionising our technology, empowering our engineers and rapidly transforming our agile working methods. Come. Join us. Be part of building the Bank of the Future!
Where does the role sit and what will I develop?
The role sits within our Payments & Economic Crime (PECP) Value Stream, where are mission is to promote social well-being for our customers by enabling them to make and receive payments and protect them from fraud and financial crime. We do this by supporting the Business Areas in processing compliant, fast, secure and flexible transaction management services and real time payments and addressing rising threats from social engineering by implementing new and improved ways to meet our customer’s needs.
Your role will be part of a cross-disciplinary feature team in addition to being a highly experienced member of our wider Lloyds engineering team delivery change. As part of these teams, you’ll be expected to demonstrate and apply outstanding software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment. You’ll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
What would I focus on as a Senior Software Engineer?
Through your team you’ll aim to deliver the highest quality customer driven software whilst continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting the team. We mainly use Java to developing this area.
Example of some specific activities might include:
Form the core of our design and decision forum, and support colleagues with advice based on your expertise
* Develop technical strategies to transform and modernise our lab
* Identify and build relationships with senior leaders to influence and enable the implementation of your strategies
* Supporting the management of key stakeholders in the business, and also 3rd parties we partner with
* We’re moving to utilise cloud for many of our applications, so you’ll be heavily involved in our move for this area of the business
* Form part of one of our feature teams to define and drive their architecture, assist in daily delivery activity and defend your recommendations at senior architecture forums
* Educate both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps topics and articulate reasoning behind key technical decisions What do we need to see from applicants?
On top of our excellent salary & benefits packages, this will be a stimulating and exciting position with plenty of opportunities for career growth and development. Supported throughout you should be encouraged to take the initiative, establish relationships and make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior Software Engineer job in Edinburgh, Scotland, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally