A well-established and growing maintenance and repair service provider of heating, ventilation, air-conditioning (HVAC), water/plumbing, electrical and other plant and equipment in commercial properties in and around Yorkshire. The company was established around 10 years ago and has grown year on year by focusing on delivering the best service to our customers, listening to their needs, and adapting as required.
We would encourage applicants to thoroughly read our job specification(s) and visit our website https://www.robinsonsfs.com/ to find out more about our business, before applying for any role with us. If you’d like an informal chat please call 01423226578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced commercial gas maintenance and repair engineer who wants to work in Yorkshire as part of a friendly, helpful, and growing team.
We offer a variety of work, with each day rarely being the same. Each client’s property varies in size and sector and most of our work is on commercial premises, but we also have a small number of domestic properties we look after for some long-standing clients. Nearly all sites we look after are in Yorkshire or immediately surrounding areas, as we like to keep close by in case of emergencies.
The day to day will involve maintaining and repairing a variety of commercial and domestic heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), water/plumbing, and electrical plant and equipment such as boilers, warm air heaters, burners, etc; for our varied client base. Each day would involve travelling directly to/from our sites undertaking maintenance/repair works, and regularly liaising with the Operations Team over the phone and through our cloud-based job management software, as necessary. We operate a 24-hour emergency call-out service, so taking part in a Rota with other engineers would also be required (typically one week out of every five).
Commercial gas maintenance/fault-finding experience is essential (applicants who have proven expertise but do not have current tickets are welcome). A basic electrical understanding would be preferred for the interaction with mechanical plant, as would any installation experience or familiarity/qualifications with other plant and equipment such as oil/LPG heating/hot water/combustion plant, commercial catering equipment and/or air conditioning.
Sharing knowledge and experience with apprentices and other staff is important, and we encourage the upskilling of our team through investing in additional training; from obtaining extra tickets such as oil through to a whole new qualification like FGAS.
- Full time – 40 hours per week.
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday (with a 30-minute unpaid break).
- Call-out; approximately one week in every five.
- Overtime; where available.
- Basic + call out/overtime earning potential of up to £45,000 p.a. (depending on experience, qualifications and hours worked).
- Up to 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Door-to-door travel time paid.
- Market leading overtime and call-out rates.
- Company pension.
- Option of personal use of company van.
- Further training and upskilling opportunities.
- A wide range, and ever growing set of discretionary benefits available, including:
- Annual performance bonus.
- Long term service bonuses at 5, 10 and 25-year intervals.
- Birthdays off each year.
- Customer feedback bonus.
- Mental and physical health treatments.
- Referral bonuses.
What we provide:
- Company van and fuel card.
- Company phone.
- Uniform and personal protective equipment.
- Certain tools and equipment required for the role.
- A friendly, supportive work environment.
- Maintaining commercial and domestic HVAC plant and equipment.
- Fault finding and repairing commercial and domestic HVAC plant and equipment through accurate diagnosis of faults and remedial works required.
- Preparing quotes (and highlighting opportunities for quotes) for remedial works identified on maintenance/other visits.
- Identifying and ordering replacement parts where needed.
- Undertaking surveys to identify scopes of works/planned maintenance.
- Completing risk assessments, reports and other documents as required.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members and apprentices.
- Liaising regularly with the Operations Team through our electronic job management system, the phone, and email regarding work progress and other relevant matters to ensure the smooth running of works.
- Putting the customer first, ensuring that communication is polite, informative, and professional, their site procedures are respected and always left clean and tidy, and that the highest levels of health and safety are observed.
- Completing other tasks as required to support the wider business.
- Must have a strong background in commercial gas maintenance/repair and currently hold (or have the skills/experience to obtain immediately) commercial gas tickets.
- Must have a full UK driving license.
- Must be able to work well alone as well as part of a team.
- Must have excellent communication skills and interact well with customers.
- Must be punctual, reliable, and professional.
- Must be willing to share knowledge and experience to help other engineers/apprentices and those who are not technical.
- Preferred basic electrical knowledge for interaction with mechanical plant.
- Preferred experience in other trades/qualifications such as oil/LPG/air conditioning.
- Preferred experience in installation/replacement of HVAC plant/equipment.
Robinsons Facilities Services Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Further information on our company’s ethos, including our Mission, Vision and Values, can be found on our website.
Please note that we do not accept unsolicited CV’s from recruitment agencies.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Commercial Gas Engineer job in Bishop Thornton, Harrogate, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally