Join an integral part of the UK’s Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing and ammunition.
Experience of planning projects and working with stakeholders to gather project information
Join an integral part of the UK’s Defence and play your part in the procurement and in-service support of all our armed forces’ equipment, from fighter jets, armoured vehicles, submarines and aircraft carriers, to clothing, food and ammunition. If you have the pride, passion and commitment to be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of supporting our country’s armed forces to deliver on operations at home and abroad, then apply online now!
Are you organised and have experience of planning and scheduling? Do you enjoy and have experience of dealing with stakeholders? If so, we have opportunities available across DE&S/SDA working within the Project Controls function as Project Planner/Schedulers.
As the Project Planner / Scheduler you will be expected to (but not be limited to):
* Gather key planning / scheduling artefacts to build robust baselines in accordance with internal policy processes and instructions
* Collect and analyse monthly internal schedule progression with project team stakeholders and factor these status adjustments in the schedule.
* Review supplier schedules to understand monthly status / forecast for remaining work and reflect updates within internal schedules
* Ensure baselines are maintained under change control as well as updating progress and remaining work to drive and control project(s)/portfolio.
* Ensure monthly performance reporting is in accordance with the internal reporting drumbeat
* Attend management, project team, supplier and customer meetings to advise on progress/variance and ensure that schedules are being maintained and updated as required
* Conduct maturity assessments of schedules and make recommendations of areas of improvement
* Review internal schedules to ensure that internal Planning and Scheduling policies are adhered to.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
* Understanding planning methodologies and implementation into projects
* Running or supporting planning workshops to define schedule assumptions and estimates
* Developing, managing and progressing schedules
* Have an understanding of wider Project Controls and other functions in order to ensure data is captured correctly
* Generating and interpreting data and, under the guidance of the Lead Scheduler / Project Controls Manager, communicating clearly to stakeholders at different levels
* Be able to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively with wider stakeholders across all levels of the organisation
Please note due to the security requirements of some of the available positions, some posts are only available for SOLE UK nationals only.
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* Experience of planning projects and working with stakeholders to gather project information
* Experience in schedule development and maintenance – preferably using Oracle Primavera P6 scheduling software, Microsoft Project or similar
* Demonstrable experience of managing data and interpreting project performance data
* Extensive stakeholder and teamwork skills
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Controlling a Project
* Stakeholder Management
* Working together
* Delivering at pace
What’s in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between 26.6% and 30.3% of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage and welcome applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from everyone, including those that are underrepresented in our workforce. We promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment and a working environment free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation. [OR] We are keen to represent the communities we serve within our workforce and to help us achieve this we particularly welcome applications from women, ethnic minorities and disabled people for this role.
About your team
The Project Controls Function is responsible for providing the right information, at the right time, to support better-informed decisions. Driving accountability, responsibility and efficiency across DE&S, our Project Controls teams are involved in all phases of every project helping to predict and oversee the time and cost management of these projects. From Estimating, Risk Management and Cost Control, to Planning and Scheduling and Project Controls Management, our people are crucial to the successful delivery of our work.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Project Planner and Scheduler job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally