Our client is a renewable energy organisation helping to facilitate the energy transition demands of the UK and EU by developing and investing in large-scale solar and battery storage projects. The team comprises individuals with a proven track record in both infrastructure investment and the renewables spheres. They are currently undergoing rapid growth and they require a Marketing Manager to manage the company’s branding, marketing, and PR initiatives.
As a key member of the development team, you will be responsible for strategizing, initiating and leading on a range of community and stakeholder engagement activities. You will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders and run effective consultation processes. The ideal candidate will be fun yet professional, and able to engage with a wide demographic.
This is a remote/ home-based role as there will be plenty of travel to engage with the local communities with regards to the company’s solar development plans.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Development Managers and the Planning Manager to create engagement strategies and best practice community consultation approaches to form our energy projects and associated activities.
- Building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support effective delivery of renewable energy development projects.
- Working to identify and deliver sponsorship opportunities and where community benefits can be delivered.
- Management of internal procedures to ensure community engagement is effective, relevant and well-managed.
- Working with the Marketing Team to ensure messaging, branding and other key tools are effective and relevant to our stakeholders.
- Attending community events to develop community relationships and foster a long-term community commitment.
- Managing logistics for key external stakeholder engagement activities such as community consultation events, surveys, local communications, sponsorship’s and local media events.
- Demonstrable experience in communications/stakeholder engagement in Renewable Energy or similar projects
- Demonstrable ability to plan, manage and coordinate project events including community engagement, visits and media.
- Strong project management skills with ability to adapt with ease to rapidly changing work priorities and deliver results across several projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, listening, networking, and influencing skills that enable building and maintaining productive relationships with Local Authorities, Councillors, Statutory Consultees as well as neighbours, the wider community and others.
- Degree in communications, journalism, business, public relations, or relevant field.
Salary circa £45,000pa + Bonus
Climate17 is a purpose-led, international Renewable Energy & Sustainability recruitment firm. We provide specialist talent acquisition services to organisations seeking to reduce their environmental footprint, as well as those working towards the decarbonisation of the energy sector.
Climate17 is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace. We believe there is no solution to climate change without people. We aim to increase diversity across all areas and as such, we are committed to partnering with clients and candidates to create an inclusive and sustainable regenerative world.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, or whether or not they have a disability.
If you require additional support, equipment or resources in order to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Community Engagement Manager – Solar Developments job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally