Are you a committed and experienced Social Worker looking for a new challenge, or perhaps the next stage in your career? HCL Workforce Solutions is working with our client, Sandwell Children’s Trust to find a locum Social Worker to work in their Child Protection and Courts team.
Sandwell Children’s Trust is a fairly new trust that, lending it the advantage of being small enough to be a tight-knit unit, but large enough to offer fantastic opportunities. Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018, their teams have won awards for Community Cohesion and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards.
This is a full time role on the rate of £40 per hour. Start ASAP.
As a Social Worker in one of the Child Protection & Court Teams you will:
- Work alongside the Assessment & Intervention Teams and be based in the same locality;
- Work with children subject of Child Protection Plans or within Court Proceedings;
- Work in an organised and planned way to ensure timescales set by the Trust and the Court are consistently met;
- Produce reports for Court, write court statements, care plans and assessments in a succinct manner, demonstrating highly attuned skills in gathering, assessing and analysing key information leading to evidenced-based recommendations for children;
- Represent the Trust in giving evidence in Court
What you will need for this role:
- You will need to have a recognised professional Social Work qualification and be registered with Social Work England;
- Have completed your ASYE programme;
- Be able to demonstrate experience of Court work;
- Have a good level of experience of working in a children and families setting and have managed a complex case load;
- Have a sound knowledge of legislation and guidance;
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to analyse information and make informed decisions;
- Good knowledge of child development.
Who are HCL Workforce Solutions?
HCL Workforce Solutions provide services to both public and private sector organisations, covering Qualified Social Workers of all specialities including Children and Families to Adult Services and approved mental health professionals. HCL Social Care are at the forefront of qualified and unqualified social care provision.
We believe that motivation and job satisfaction are key to ensuring that you are able to deliver the highest possible standard of care to every service user you encounter, so our recruitment practices reflect this.
Before placing you in any social work role, we will make sure that the job matches your skill set and is aligned with your ambitions as a social work professional. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to long-term success in any sort of career, so we will make great efforts to match you with roles that can accommodate your personal needs and commitments.
Benefits of working with HCL Workforce Solutions:
- A lucrative referral scheme
- Weekly payments – Rate for every worker is dependent upon strength of CV, interview and references at managers’ discretion
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
Interested in taking the next step in your career with Sandwell?
Apply online today with your CV or call Neven on 07936348296 to discuss any questions you may have. If this isn’t the role for you, we work with local authorities and private employers throughout the UK – give us a call to discuss how we can help find you the perfect social work role for you!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Social Worker – Child Protection and Courts Team job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally