Working within the Safety, Health, Environment (SHE) and Quality department, the successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of the Human Factors strategy and accompanying programme to improve human performance and effectively manage risk.
The role holder will provide competent advice and leadership on regulatory compliance requirements and industry best practice to mitigate against human error; promoting safe and effective work practices.
- Deliver high quality technical guidance and leadership in all aspects of Human Factors, including defining, developing and maintaining appropriate Management System Documents.
- Lead on the development and implementation of changes and improvements to Human Factors integration, practice, procedures, tools and guides to improve Human Performance.
- Maintain overview of Human performance across the organisation and identifying targeted improvement elements for inclusion in the SHE improvement strategy.
- Support and mentor Human Factors champions to ensure Human Factors activities are delivered in a consistent and high quality manner.
- Lead Human Factors Risk analysis programme to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
- Owns the register of safety critical tasks and safety critical roles
- Act as the single point of authority on Human Factors during regulatory inspections / engagements.
- Manage strategic integration of Human Factors principles in capital projects and operational assets in the company, contributing to risk reduction, regulatory compliance and business improvement.
- Engage and collaborate with senior business and technical leaders to adopt and implement Human Factors principles to improve human performance and organisational reliability.
- Manage and provide quality assurance of deliverables from 3rd party specialist consultants, ensuring technical deliverables are appropriately scoped and delivered.
- Undertake Level 2 Assurance activities to verify critical SHE barriers are effective.
- Leads high actual / potential severity investigations within the asset locations as required.
- Oversee quarterly work safe campaign rota; supporting the delivery of material across the sites where required.
- Collaborate with industry bodies (e.g. Energy Institute, IOGP, and UKPIA), regulators and the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF) to share learning, ensure consistency of approach and contribute to industry positions within the context of Human Factors application.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS Qualifications
- MSc specializing in Human Factors, Ergonomics, Engineering and/or similar equivalent degree with appropriate level of experience
- Lead Auditor / Investigator
- BOSIET & MIST
- Member of Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors (CIEHF), who is either working towards or has chartered status.
- Application of systems thinking in relation to safety critical systems, and operation of such systems.
- Detailed knowledge of Human Factors aspects of the HSE COMAH and Offshore Installation regulations.
- Knowledge of onshore and offshore major accident hazard regulatory requirements.
- Ability to work to deadlines to provide deliverables individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to apply underlying principles of Human Factors to a variety of site related issues to find practical solutions to allow businesses to perform effectively and meet relevant regulations.
- Ability to find solutions where data is conflicting, variable or significant gaps in data exist, and / or expert opinions conflict.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with ability to lead multi discipline teams, present technical and complex concepts to a wide audience in a concise manner.
- Understanding of project management principles.
Job Knowledge Skills:
- Strong understanding of the organisational design and purpose.
- Ability to interpret legal statute and industry guidance.
- Detailed understanding of Management System principles.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Human Factors Specialist job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally