The post holder reports to the Headteacher. Apart from team members, the main contacts of the job are: the client, customers, other catering colleagues and city council employees.
Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for the safe, effective and efficient operation of all aspects of the catering service in a primary school or luncheon club/resource centre including management of the team and the completion of all financial returns.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manage a quality, cost effective catering service in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs) or contracts and legislative requirements.
2. Plan menus to ensure compliance with legislative requirements and customer needs.
3. Carry out efficient financial administration, following City Council systems and financial regulations.
4. Manage a team and be responsible for human resources including training and development, managing attendance.
5. Promote the service to maximise meal uptake through effective marketing campaigns.
6. Provide a customer focused service, which is courteous and responsive and meets the client’s needs at all times.
7. Manage the team in promoting equal opportunities in the workplace and delivering services, which are accessible and appropriate to the diverse needs of service users.
8. Ensure compliance with health & safety, food hygiene and COSSH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations at all times.
9. Participate in new initiatives and future changes in service delivery improvements to support the client and the aims and objectives of the City Council.
10. Actively pursue own personal development and take full advantage of training provided.
11. Undertake such duties as may be considered appropriate by the School Business Catering Manager in line with the needs of the service.
12. To converse at ease and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Where the post holder is disabled, every effort will be made to supply all necessary aids, adaptations or equipment to allow them to carry out all the duties of the job. If, however, a certain task proves to be unachievable, job redesign will be given full consideration.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Catering Manager job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally