At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £42,000 – £61,000
Role Clearance Type: UK-Security Check (SC). Clearance not required to start
Location: Burlington House, New Malden, Kingston-Upon-Thames, London, UK.
About Your Opportunity
Our involvement with all engineering disciplines places us in a unique position to support the continued sustainment and development of our sovereign defence capability.
In this role, you will manage, plan, lead/conduct and report IVVTQA activities for your programmes throughout the engineering lifecycle that ensures compliance of our products. You will also manage a team of our V&V engineers who are core to each NGUK project.
- Flexible working schedules – we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Lead, coach and develop team members to enable them to deliver assigned V&V activity.
- Continuous implementation of and champion IVVTQA best practice and contribute to continuous improvement activity to internal and external stakeholders.
- Point of contact for all IVVTQA needs/requests from the Project management team for technical requirements/issues/activities, including changes to current and future demand of resource.
- Own, manage, implement and deliver an evidence based approach for IVVTQA activities relating for project/programme.
- Apply IVVTQA principles and best practice across the SE lifecycle, from requirements, design, integration and the V&V stages, supporting the acceptance process.
- Degree/HND/HNC or equivalent experience in IVVTQA/ITEA for Systems Engineering/Software Engineering or Control Systems Engineering
- Competent in the use of DOORS or similar requirements management tool
- Experience of planning and conduct of IVVTQA activities within a Systems Engineering lifecycle
- Previous IVVTQA experience in accordance with Military/Defence/Industry Standards
- Experience leading engineering teams of either task and/or line management (4> personnel)
Your Future Team:
“My purpose; to lead, coach and mentor the application of V&V as a function, to champion best practice and strategise how to best employ V&V to ensure we build the right product and we built it correctly.”
Chris Dicks, Head of V&V @ Northrop Grumman UK
Implementing V&V will bring you into contact with numerous stakeholders and we champion the ability to assure our customers through delivery of an evidence based approach.
We are a growing team of V&V engineers and our matrix structure promotes collaboration, learning from each other and opportunities within NGUK. Our aim is to become more skilled and practiced in the application of different methodologies, tools and practices to quantify an understanding of a capability of the associated system; then applying concepts to provide progressive assurance and aid the success of technical delivery.
Diversity is at the heart of our success. Our team share experience, knowledge and new thinking gained from a wide range of backgrounds perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements across several industries. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman UK:
Work with a global brand that makes a real contribution to our nation’s security and future. At Northrop Grumman UK, the brightest minds come together to push the boundaries and Define Possible. As leaders in the digital transformation of Aerospace, Defence and Intelligence we are providing ground-breaking outcomes for our customers.
UK Defence Business:
Our UK Defence business is a Sovereign software and systems centre of excellence. As well as developing and supporting UK wide and internationally deployed multi-domain command and control systems, our work is critical to the modern backbone of the Royal Navy. We pioneer – with fierce curiosity, dedication, and innovation, we seek to solve the world’s most challenging problems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Systems V&V Lead job in New Malden, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally