One of our lovely prep schools in Sevenoaks are seeking fun and bubbly Nursery Assistants from September 2022.
Life at The Prep School is shaped by the staff’s commitment to prepare pupils for life by providing a strong academic foundation, essential skills and attributes, and a moral compass to guide their choices. They firmly believe that all pupils are capable of great things if effectively taught, motivated, and inspired by their school environment.
The Prep- School wishes to appoint Nursery Assistants to join their thriving Pre School to assist in the provision of a high standard of care for children placed in the Pre School. We have a full-time role and one part-time role and can consider flexible working patterns, AM, PM, or full day job shares.
Candidates should ideally have:
Closing date: Friday 15th July 2022 with interviews taking place soon after.
Purpose of post
* To assist in the provision of a high standard of care for children placed in Pre School in a way that meets their physical, social, emotional, intellectual and developmental needs and in addition meets the School’s inclusive values
* To give support to all members of staff within Pre School
* To assist with the implementation of the daily routine within Pre School
Duties and Responsibilities
* To contribute to the planning and implementation of appropriate programmes of activity for the children in collaboration with the Head of Pre Prep
* To have a full understanding of the nursery systems of record keeping and keep records of the children’s development, using the nursery key worker system
* To assistant in the provision of an attractive and stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages and needs of the children, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn
* To assist in the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds and stages of development
* To be familiar with the National Standards and ISI guidelines and recommendations of good practice and assist in their implementation
* To share the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children in Pre School
* To liaise with parents and encourage their involvement in the aims of Pre School and in all aspects of their child’s care * To assist with the domestic management of Pre School, including ensuring that it is kept safe, secure and clean at all times. Be prepared to help where needed in the preparation of snacks, meals, cleaning of equipment etc.
* To respect the confidentiality of information received
* To be aware of the high profile of the Pre School and the School and to uphold its standards at all times
* To be involved in out of working hours activities e.g. training, staff meetings, Open Days, Summer Celebration etc.
* Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by a Senior staff member
Specific Child care Tasks
* To help children with feeding, changing clothes, toileting etc
* Help maintain hygienic standards at all times
* Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child
* To ensure mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
* To report signs of illness, neglect or apparently non- accidental inquiry
* Ensure each child is collected in accordance with the collection procedure
Term Time Teachers are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, therefore all candidates will be subject to a full registration and an Enhanced DBS (formerly known as CRB).
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Prep School Nursery Assistant job in Sevenoaks, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally