Hours: 40 per week.
Shift:Rotating 6:00am to 14:30pm, and 13:30pm to 22:00pm. Monday – Friday.
Salary:£15.56 per hour. Premia paid for hours worked between 7pm – 10pm (£1.67 extra per hour), and 10pm – 6am (£2.02 extra per hour).
We have a rare opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join the Engineering Team as a fully skilled Vehicle Maintenance Technician based at our Vehicle Maintenance Unit in Basildon.
As a Vehicle Technician, you will maintain FedEx Assets’ safety and reliability by performing service and maintenance of the company fleet of vehicles and trailers in line with planned maintenance schedules. Ensuring that the fleet is safe, legal and fit for duties.
• Completion of signed service and inspection records
• Completion of defect reports and associated paperwork to comply with legal requirements.
• Prepare vehicles and trailers for annual MOT testing (to a standard to ensure 1st time pass)
• Perform ad-hoc vehicle repairs, investigating and rectifying vehicle defects.
• Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
• Maintaining good housekeeping standards carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
The successful applicant should have:
• Fully skilled with applicable Licenses / Vocational Training (e.g., LGV C&E license (class one)).
• City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
• Knowledge of the use and operation of all automotive equipment and testing / troubleshooting equipment.
• Ability to lift and maneuver Heavy Vehicle Components.
• Experience with welding and basic D.C. electrical troubleshooting skills.
• Must possess valid driving license.
• Previous experience within a similar role
Full Training will be given along with a competitive salary and benefits package.
We also offer excellent career opportunities for those who are keen to progress in a supportive “can do” and rapidly expanding environment.
Accuracy & Attention to Detail; Planning & Organizing Skills; Problem Solving Skills; Team Working Skills;
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world’s largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by “Fortune” magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Vehicle Maintenance Technician job in Basildon, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally