At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Your Opportunity to Define Possible. Our Opportunity to Deliver the Nation’s Security. Together.
Salary: £46,000 – £60,000
Role clearance type: UK-Security Cleared (SC). Clearance required to start.
Location: Hybrid – Home & Clareville House, London, United Kingdom.
About Your Opportunity:
This role sits within the CGBO BD and Strategy team charged with growing Northrop Grumman’s business in the UK and Europe. It is a unique opportunity to work with teams across the corporate office to help identify, understand and respond to current affairs. Providing the opportunity to broaden into business development and engage in strategic projects. This opportunity will be on a fixed term contract for up to twelve months.
- Flexible working schedules – we offer flexible and hybrid working arrangements. Talk to us at the application stage about any scheduling preferences you may have.
- Flexible Benefits Package – choose which NGUKL benefits you want to satisfy your personal needs. Core Benefits provided for you are Healthcare, Dental, Life Assurance and Pension. Benefits you can flex include Critical Illness Cover, Health Cash Plan, and Health Assessments.
- Employee Incentive Programme – exceptional performance is recognized through our annual incentive programme which is awarded to top performers who excel.
- Career Development – opportunity for ongoing professional development and career growth opportunities
- Leading NG’s engagement with think tanks, trade associations, and Parliamentary bodies – influencing their policy approaches, gathering intelligence, and representing the company
- Government relations and stakeholder engagement – identification of key targets, support in developing and maintaining the relationships, and analysis of changes in politics and governmental policy
- Producing regular strategic reports on UK and European subjects
- Providing appropriate political and economic commentary and conducting discrete strategy and market analysis projects as tasked by the Chief of Staff.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience with a defence, marketing, communications or corporate affairs background.
- Highly organised, with the ability to multi-task, an eye for detail, and the ability to prioritise in a dynamic environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrable interpersonal abilities
- Highly motivated, resilient, capable of developing and “growing” in post
- An interest in British politics, defence and security, and international affairs.
Your Future Team:
Central to the development of NGC’s UK and Europe business, our team works closely to build networks to develop our insights, knowledge and analysis to strengthen our position and drive growth.
We believe that creating a team that values diversity and fosters inclusion is essential to great performance. We know the best ideas come from diversity of thought, background, perspective, culture, gender, race, age and many other elements. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from communities currently under-represented within our industry. We treat everyone with respect and foster safe and inclusive environments.
About Our Responsibilities:
Our customers operate in unique environments which offer new and exciting challenges every day, cultivating a place where you can learn and thrive, working alongside the best minds in industry. We’ll give you space to develop your career, where your ideas can shape the future of our dynamic business.
We promote collaboration to achieve more than we could imagine, together. And within a respectful and inspirational environment, we value what you say and do.
How to Apply:
Interested in our opportunity?
Yes – then simply submit your application online. Your application will be reviewed by one of our expert recruiters who’ll then respond advising you of the outcome and next steps for successful candidates.
Background checks and potentially security clearance form part of the recruitment process, our team will inform you of the procedures when required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to equality and diversity in our workplace. Northrop Grumman provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status, including race/ethnic origin, color, nationality, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, religion or belief, creed, age, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status or characteristic.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Business Development & Strategy Specialist job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally