Lloyds Banking Group are transforming the way we do Engineering. We’ve created “LBG Labs” and we’re building multi-functional, co-located teams giving them freedom to bring technology to the forefront of our business. This will help us create new, and improve existing, products and services to help us really make a difference to our customers.
Want to know more?
A Lab is a co-located team who work together on key projects to deliver value at pace by designing services that people find useful, easy and engaging to use. Typically, a Lab has a strong focus on complex problem solving in an agile environment where engineers are free to experiment and create innovative products which will transform the way our customers engage with us. Our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PF&FC) Labs are focused on providing services to allow customers to move money safely while protecting them from Fraud and Financial Crime.
About the role
As a Feature Team Software Engineer you’ll play a role in the future of our product development in the way we design, build, test and deploy using groundbreaking technology.
On a day to day basis, this will mean being part of an engineering team which will:
- Launch new products & services
- Extend the functionality of our products and services
- Integrate 3rd party APIs to our products and services
- Secure, update and maintain multiple content repositories
Your role will be part of a cross-disciplinary feature team in addition to being an experienced member of our wider Lloyds engineering team. As part of these teams, you’ll be encouraged to demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills, whilst working in a collaborative and agile environment.
You’ll learn new skills, technologies and approaches to software development as well as benefiting from a culture that celebrates diversity, equal opportunity and provides opportunities for flexible working.
Here’s where you’ll make a difference:
- You’ll write modular, well tested applications that remain easy to maintain as the codebase and business continues to scale.
- You’ll ensure software is built in a way that is consistent with the frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider engineering community.
- You’ll help your colleagues, providing clear and constructive feedback, whilst creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- You’ll also ensure applications are fast, secure and work across all manner of devices.
What we need from you:
- You’ll demonstrate and apply exemplary software engineering practices and skills whilst working
- You’ll have an understanding of the entire application stack, deep and broad knowledge, and significant exposure to Java / SpringBoot Framework.
- You’ll know about agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium)
- You’ll know about microservices design and build
- You’ll have an understanding of DevOps pipelines and managing change with it.
- Knowledge of cloud and containerisation would be advantageous.
Preferable if you also have:
- Exposure to Docker and container orchestration tools e.g. Kubernetes
- An understanding of Faster Payments
If this is you, come and join our inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Together we’ll make it possible…
So, what can we offer you in return? Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
We’ll also give you a comprehensive package that includes a 4% flex benefit cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash), a discretionary variable annual performance bonus, generous employer pension contribution up to 15%, 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays, private medical health cover, share plans and access to staff discounts!
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture that celebrates diversity.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you…