We are seeking an experienced GIS Technician for an immediate start 4 month contract with our oil & gas client in Aberdeen. Candidates must be available with a weeks notice or less and ideally be based in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire area.
* Provision of daily GIS support to multiple global projects.
* Extending the use and benefits of latest GIS Technology and applications across projects, disciplines and departments.
* Managing, planning, coordinating and implementing GIS Technology associated with map production, geographical data management and distribution of spatial information accordingly to the R&D program.
* Deploying Web-based GIS solutions for easy data access to non-specialist, project stakeholders, remote locations and clients.
* Providing on-site management and direction of services for developing, implementing, and maintaining special-purpose applications consistent with business objectives.
* Responsible for gathering and distributing knowledge, advice and guidance to the organisation in relation to GIS.
* Support Company projects and activities with customized 2D and 3D visual geospatial and engineering representations of relevant data and information.
* Designs and develops data models and templates.
* Writes procedures for GIS usage and implementation.
* Integrated GIS with other technologies.
* Maintain Geospatial data.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Educated to Higher level or equivalent
* Qualifications in science, geography, mathematics (desirable)
* Degree in earth science or geoscience subject (preferred)
* Masters in GIS (desirable)
* Previous experience within a relevant discipline area
* Proficiency with Geographic Information Systems
* Experience with spatial data management
* Modelling and analysis skills of Geographical Data
* Exposure and experience with industry standard databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle)
* Exposure and experience of industry standard data models (e.g. PODS, SSDM, APDM)
* Exposure to a variety of data processing applications such as Eiva, VisualWorks, etc (desirable)
* Good computer skills and understanding of data formats. Able to use software packages such as Word, Excel and AutoCAD
* Thorough knowledge and understanding of principle discipline and peripheral subjects
* Co-ordination, organisation and liaison skills
* Clear and effective oral and written communication skills
* Creative thinking – recognising, exploring, and using a broad range of ideas and practices
* Identify technological trends and patterns that could be applied in the organisation
* Interpersonal, organizational, communication and cooperation skills
* Focus on quality control of data and deliverables
* The ability to effectively present data visually
* Understanding and experience in agile project methodology would be an advantage
* Understanding and experience in problem solving relating to IT Systems/Software and Project Management would be a distinct advantage
* Communication and listening skills essential
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference TR/053516.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this GIS Technician job in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally