Design Manager – Glasgow Major Project
Location: Glasgow – Project-based and remote working
Delivering Certainty Through the Power of Experience
Laing O’Rourke’s 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
What will the role look like?
- Our design managers are responsible for ensuring technical excellence, assurance and performance, maximising and realising the potential of design to increase certainty on all of our projects.
- Providing a focus for, and leading, the pre-construction phase design processes, liaising with the client, the design team, in-house bid team and the operations team.
- Implementing and leading the processes that enable the design to be challenged and interrogated within a collaborative team framework, to enable risks to be reduced.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- We are looking to appoint an experienced Design Manager from a contractor background ideally, however we will also welcome applications from related fields of experience such as Architectural and Design consultancies with experience of major construction projects particularly high rise complex schemes and healthcare.
- Ability to manage all elements of the technical design process for major projects, from bid and pre-construction phase through to project completion.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality – this is what our clients want. And at Laing O’Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O’Rourke’s story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O’Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please get in touch.