Pertemps Recruitment on behalf of Buckinghamshire Council has an exciting opportunity for a HR Coordinator to join the HR Operations Team in their Aylesbury office (HP20 area). Working alongside the team you will play an important role in providing a professional, customer focussed HR support service to colleagues within HR Operations, Services and Schools. You will also be responsible for accurately administering HR processes and transactions within the set deadlines and SLA agreement across HR Operations, Pension, Payroll and Employee Relations
About the role
As a HR Coordinator you will have a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
- Enter, process and analyse information / documents using the appropriate systems.
- Liaise, communicate, and build relationships with customers to offer advice and deal with queries. May involve dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Liaise with and/or advise senior members of staff regarding service issues, problems, and processes.
- To ensure the highest level of customer care and to develop and enhance a working culture based on quality, thereby contributing to quality and service improvement initiatives.
- To champion exemplary customer service with the wider HR Department.
- To work closely with other HR teams including Business Partners, Policy & Reward, Resourcing and Employee Relations to ensure processes and policies are followed continuously and accurate advice/guidance is provided to customers.
- To participate in knowledge sharing sessions with other teams, constantly improving the knowledge of the HR Service Desk in order that more of the queries can be resolved as a ‘first line fix’.
- To ensure the requirements of current Data Protection legislation, specifically in relation to the handling of personal data and sensitive information, are fully considered in all work undertaken.
- To ensure that all security procedures and standards relating to data, systems and internet usage are adhered to
This is a temporary position until March 2023, though there is potential for this to be extended further. The pay rate is £11.34 per hour, and you will be working full time, 37 hours per week.
The Aylesbury office is conveniently situated in the town centre (HP20 area) with great transport links including a local train station and excellent road connections to the M25, M1, M4 and M40
The work of the team is varied and fast-paced so we are looking for an experienced and highly organised individual who can manage competing priorities and work independently and as part of a team.
You will need to be empathetic with our service users and able to use your initiative when dealing with queries.
You will need to have previous experience working within a HR team or similar.
Comprehensive knowledge of relevant processes, systems, policies and procedures will be essential, as will good knowledge of other areas of the authority relevant to the service.
Bringing excellent ICT skills, you will have experience of standard packages, including MS Office, Excel, and may include use of bespoke databases etc.
Due to the frequent liaison activities, excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
You will need to be highly accurate with attention to detail. You must be able to prioritise and work to deadlines.
You take responsibility for your work and are trusted to perform your job to the best of your ability.
About us and our Client
As a flexible employee of Pertemps Recruitment Partnership Ltd, you will be joining a Company that holds the distinction of being one of the largest and most successful independent recruitment agencies in the country. Our pioneering spirit and ability to tap into the uniqueness of each individual’s talents has enabled us to open doors for our employees, our clients and our applicants too. Our philosophies and rewards are built very much on mutual trust and respect within the style of a partnership in which we hope you will feel both fulfilled and valued as a person
Buckinghamshire Council are a leading Authority with offices in Aylesbury, Amersham and High Wycombe, whose values represent exactly what they are – Proud, Ambitious, Collaborative and Trustworthy. By joining Buckinghamshire Council, you can expect:
- a fair and inclusive culture
- the chance to really make a difference to your local community and those around you
- health and well-being initiatives including Mental Health First Aiders and mindfulness workshops
- ongoing support, and the opportunity to develop and progress in your career
- opportunities to take part in fun activities such as fundraising and social events
We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
Apply now or call, text or email the team for further information:
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so please be advised to submit your application as early as possible.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this HR Co-ordinator job in Aylesbury, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally