The LEGO Group is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with expert manual and automated testing skills to collaborate with the product team to ensure quality and stability within our consumer department, based in London.
Our engineers work in interdisciplinary squads each arranged around clear product goals with responsibility for delivery of their own product roadmaps.
You’ll spend your time working in our dedicated squad working to test and verify new functionality and iterative improvements on our internal platforms that power our customer service advisors on Telephony, reporting and live chat features.
This is a Hybrid role based in the London Hub near Chancery Lane station.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers and other Application Engineers to quality assure both new functionality and iterative improvements to the high level of support we offer our consumers.
- Support other application engineers in developing and maintaining automated tests for their functionality where appropriate
- Provide technical guidance/informal coaching to other engineers to enable their professional development
- Lead code reviews with other engineers
Play your part in our team succeeding
Working closely with product owners, architects and engineering managers, our Application Engineers are a vital part of the LEGO.com engineering team. We have implemented a modern front-end stack based around Next.js, React and GraphQL with a cloud-native AWS serverless back-end and we use the platform to design, build and operate LEGO.com.
Do you have what it takes?
- Expert knowledge and commercial experience of functional and non-functional testing of both APIs and web-based applications
- Expert knowledge and commercial experience of testing within an agile, continuous delivery-focused environment
- A detailed understanding of BDD and TDD approaches to testing and quality assurance
- Experience of leading the development of an internal regression testing process to ensure quality of business functionality
- Experience working with application engineers to help them test functionality during the initial development process
- Experience of working with modern CI/CD and engineering tooling is preferred – we leverage Amazon Web Services, CircleCI, GitHub Actions and Terraform extensively
- Must be attentive to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Join the global LEGO® team
What’s in it for you? Here are some of what to expect:
- Family Care Leave – We offer enhanced paid leave options for those important times.
- Insurances – All colleagues are covered by our life and disability insurance which provides protection and peace of mind.
- Wellness – We want you to be your best self, so you’ll have access to the Headspace App and lots of wellbeing initiatives and programmes run by local teams where you are based
- Colleague Discount – We know you’ll love to build so from day 1 you will qualify for our generous colleague discount.
- Bonus – We do our best work to succeed together. When goals are reached, you’ll be rewarded through our global bonus scheme.
- Your workplace – Our offices will be your primary workplace with flexibility to work from home during your working week. Your People Leader will discuss the principles of our hybrid work model, role eligibility and frequency with you.
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued, and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of e.g. race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity.
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
Computer Futures are proud to be working with the LEGO Group for IT Recruitment. Apply now and we will be in contact shortly to process your application.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior QA Engineer job in London, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally