Our vision is a world where all pets are well cared for in loving homes for life. To achieve this, we not only provide care for pets in need, but also help people be the best pet owners they can be.
We currently have a 9 month full time fixed term opportunity for a Cat Carer to join our friendly team to provide cover for a period of maternity leave. Cat Section is a busy department with lots going on. We have recently opened a new Cat Care Centre which has increased our capacity significantly.
As a Cat Carer, you will be responsible for ensuring that our cats are treated as individuals and looked after to the highest standards, in line with our guidelines and policies. This role involves the day-to-day care of our cats and is physically demanding, requiring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness. It also involves assessing and profiling the cats in your care, and daily record keeping, in order to facilitate successful rehoming.
– Deliver care interventions to enrich the lives of our cats
– Work alongside our Cat Specialists to ensure each cat is given the individual care they need
– Support the relinquishment and rehoming of cats through excellent customer care
– Work alongside both our Surgery, Offsite Care and Welcome Centre teams
We are looking for someone who shows compassion in everything they do, both to people and animals. You must have an eye for detail and a proactive attitude and will be a team player who embraces diversity and demonstrates emotional intelligence.
To be considered you will need:
– GCSE or equivalent in English
– Experience working, or volunteering with animals
– Demonstrable experience in customer care
– Proven communication skills within a team setting
– Experience using Microsoft packages
– Full driving licence
This is a full-time role, working 37.5 hours per week including every other weekend.
The starting salary for this position is £18,682 – £20,289 depending on experience.
This vacancy may close earlier should we receive high volumes of applications. Interviews may commence prior to the closing date.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Cat Carer – Maternity Cover job in Godmanchester, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally