Are you serious about providing outstanding care to young people? Do you have what it takes to lead a team in a fast paced and unpredictable environment? Are you looking to join one of the industry’s leading companies in children care?
I am working on behalf of a fantastic residential service for children and young people to recruit for a Deputy Manager
Our client is an established provider of Residential Childcare with a proven record of creating home environments that exceed children’s needs. They facilitate children in their care to express their characters, establish their independence and become their own person.
You will be responsible for overseeing the management and direction of the home, achieve high levels of performance to meet and exceed quality standards reflected OFSTED regulations.
Ideally, you will hold a full driver’s licence and an NVQ Level 3 and either be working towards or hold an NVQ level 5 in Leadership and Management for Health and Social Care services.
As a Deputy Manager you will be supporting with managing a home that is making a huge difference to lives of children who have suffered trauma, neglect and abuse.
The role includes:
– Managing the home to an outstanding standard
– Support in ensuring an open culture is created, one in which children feel that they can complain and that they are listened to.
– Promote and actively encourage the delivery of a safe, structured, and nurturing environment. Promoting the young person’s independence and developing their life skills
– Ensure that staff are aware of the individual needs of all young people and deliver the support required to ensure life chance opportunities and positive holistic development.
– Work in collaboration with Human Resources to manage all employee relations within the home, in line with current employment legislation and the company’s policies and procedures.
– Work closely with the Senior Management Team to ensure the home goes over and above in providing exceptional care
– Salary of £25,000 – inclusive of first 5 sleep ins each month. Additional sleeps are £76 each.
Whilst the role has its challenges, the results you will see from the children you work with will offer incomparable job satisfaction.
Could this be you?
– 1-2 year’s experience working with young people in a residential setting (Essential)
– 1 year’s experience as a Team Leader or Deputy Manager within Residential Childcare (Essential)
– Ideally a full driving licence with access to own transport.
– Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Essential)
– Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management – ideal but not essential.
If you meet the above specification, then please get in touch with Cat on 01772 400100 or 07483 936 392.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Children Home Deputy Manager job in Southport, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally