Huntingdonshire District Council (HDC) is passionate about providing high quality services to our communities, residents and businesses and this means we need to employ and retain the most talented and dedicated people. Situated within the heart of the Cambridge-Peterborough Growth Area, Huntingdonshire is a beautiful district that boasts thriving market towns and many attractive villages, each with its own identity. We are an innovative and forward-thinking Local Authority whose residents are at the heart of our decision making.
The Open Spaces team have a fantastic opportunity to join them in encouraging more people to use and enjoy our parks and open spaces to benefit their health and Wellbeing.
We are looking for an inspector to join the Open Spaces team, who are responsible for the development of all Council owned parks and open spaces in Huntingdonshire. This includes ensuring that there is good play provision throughout all our parks.
This role will be responsible for inspecting and maintaining our play areas and other park infrastructure to ensure that our residents have good access to quality open spaces and play provision
This role is part time at 29.6 hours, with flexibility on days and working hours available. Applicants should be willing to work alone on site as well as part of a wider team and be able to travel between sites as required.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.
Closing date for completed applications is 12 June midnight and interviews will be held w/c 20 June
Please note that the official closing date is as above and will be the correct date. Some third party websites may have different dates so please always refer to the HDC website for the official closing date to ensure you do not miss out on applying.
As an employer who values diversity of thought, we seek to employ candidates from a range of backgrounds in order to make our organisation more innovative. We are seeking candidates who are looking for their next career opportunity part-time basis. We will consider any flexible arrangements and are a supportive employer, enabling our staff to work in an environment that produces high standards of work in an employee-led environment.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of our recruitment and along with our values we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment, where diversity is valued and there is equality of opportunity. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community and we offer a range of benefits, including flexitime, to encourage a work life balance.
Our benefits include:
· A highly competitive Local Government Pension Scheme
· An array of services, networks and training to support your health and wellbeing such as Mental Health First Aiders and access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial guidance, wellbeing support and family counselling, amongst other services.
· Generous holiday entitlement dependent upon length of service
· Heavily discounted gym membership at our One Leisure Centres and Training Shed
· Tailored learning and development on an individual basis including access to Bookboon which has over resources dedicated to development
· Career progression opportunities including apprenticeships of all levels
· Enhanced policies in many areas
· Flexi time & hybrid working (role permitting)
· Cycle to work scheme
· Occupational Health Programme
· Digital Parking Permit
· Long Service Award
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Play Area Maintenance Inspector job in Huntingdonshire District, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally