Avenues is a community where people smile, laugh, grow and achieve great things, we know that well-supported people support people well, which makes them want to do their very best for the people we support, and achieve our vision.
- Female Assistant Service Manager
- Fulbourne, Cambridge
- Full time – 39 hours per week + on-call service in the Bury St Edmunds area
- £24,254per annum + benefits
- Full UK Driving License & Access to own Vehicle.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Female Assistant Service Manager to join our teams in Fulbourne, Cambridge.
Thomas Road and Teversham Road are Supported Living services, supporting 7 adults who have learning disabilities, enjoying a variety of activities and being engaged in their community.
As part of the role there could be a need for an on-call service within others of our services in the Bury St Edmunds area which works on a “2 weeks off 1 week on rota”, this is paid at £95 per week. Any mileage or extra hours accrued, depending on the miles driven or hours worked, will be paid in addition.
Reporting to the Service Manager, and working and managing a staff team of 6, you will;
- Take ownership for continuing professional development for self and the team.
- Work with your Service Manager to use management information to make sound business decisions to encourage a solutions led culture.
- Maintain a practical knowledge of policies and procedures and ensure appropriate usage.
- Effectively recruit, develop and manage employees in a fair and consistent manner.
- Work with your Service Manager to reinforce a culture of continuous improvement.
- Act as the Service Manager in their absence.
- You will motivate and inspire your team to provide outstanding support through effective training, coaching and leadership by example.
- Day to day support for the people we are supporting.
For more info please see the role profile!
On successful completion of your probationary period you will be considered to undertake a Health and Social Care Level 5 Diploma at no cost to yourself. This will assist you in career progression within Avenues.
- Experience supporting individuals who have learning disabilities, mental health needs and/or complex needs.
- Experience of supervising/managing a small to medium team within social care or be willing to be trained (including supervisions, probations, inductions).
- Experienced with providing Person-Centred support and to be passionate about it.
- To be able to support people with personal care.
- Ability to manage own time and able to work under pressure.
- Be flexible and be able to work shifts required.
Benefits you can expect!
- Early Pay – ability to access your earnings more frequently if you wish.
- Paid enhanced DBS.
- Flexible working.
- Up to 28 days paid annual leave (pro rata).
- Access to high quality training that supports your career development.
- Contributory pension scheme with life assurance.
- Shopping discounts via Blue Light Card and The Bene£its website.
- Recommend a friend – earn up to £500.
- Free and confidential 24/7 access to the health portal and employee assistance programme.
**T&Cs apply ***
As part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident Scheme”, candidates who declare a disability, and meet the key criteria for this role, will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview stage.
There is a genuine occupational requirement for the holder of this post to be female in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
We reserve the right to close this advert before the closing deadline if we interview and offer the right candidate.